The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Now the wife is up to….Now a cancer thread.

ScottsGT

Scott, sorry to read this my friend, ans wishing Mary all the best.

If it is any reassurance / consolation, Patricia has had now 6 different cancers (got good news about the last one this Wednesday) and got through them. She’s now become a test case for oncologic genetic research, as the docs do not understand how this can happen.

Hubert

• Like 6

6 hours ago, biggtim said:

Yikes!! Prayers for both of you buddy. That crap runs in my wife's family, so always on our minds.

Please make sure she stays on top of her mammograms.  Our situation is a perfect example of how medical professionals make the worst patients.  

She got a call yesterday morning from the imaging center wanting to cancel her appointment for the scan Monday morning because they didn’t have insurance approval yet, and they wanted to slot someone else to keep the $$$ rolling in.  Wife went ham on them and told them that under no circumstances are they to reschedule this. We’ll pay out of pocket if we have to.  
Come to find out, the imaging center sent the results to her surgeon and not the doc (our GP) that requested the mammogram in the first place.  The same doc has to write the order for the advance scan.  

It was good to hear her chew someone else’s butt for once.  🤣

• Like 8

Scott

So sorry to hear this and my prayers are with you both. I'm a cancer survivor and I know what you both are going through. Just be there for Mary and the two of you will win the battle together.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just an update.  8 am surgery in the morning.  She opted for the double mastectomy just to get out all the breast tissue and to have a more balanced reconstruction when all is done.  
She pushed this through today using her hospital clout and contacts.  
Remind me to never piss her off.  She has connections! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

Peter, procedure is happening right now as I type this out.  I’m in the waiting room doing my part.  You would have thought a celebrity was here with all her coworkers stopping by to wish her the best.  

• Like 7

Thanks everyone!  She sitting in her recliner next to me right now. Pulled through with much success and came home this morning. 
The exciting part is all markers and gland biopsies came back negative! 

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...

I guess this will be a final update.  We got great news today that oncatype test was very low numbers.  Basically, so low that radiation and chemo is unnecessary!   Her only “preventative” measures will be going on hormone (estrogen) blocking meds for the next 5-7 years.  Basically puts her into full menopause now.  

The plastic surgeon was an artist and reconstruction will be over the next few months as they slowly inflate tissue expanders making room for implants.  I’m just hoping he’s not a Picasso If you know what I mean.  🤪

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, biggtim said:

Good news!!

BTW, does your wife see what you post on here? Mine would slap me if I said that.... 😁

Mine would laugh her butt off.  Now she probably wouldn’t let me post progress pics though.  
But it would be funny watching a moderator get moderated!  I’d probably get a phone call from Ernie over that. 

• Haha 8