Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Upcoming Group Build Poll

Next Group Build  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What GB would you like?

• Sandbox ( Anything related to tropical conditions, sand, etc. )
    • Tallies ( self-explanatory )
    • Winning ! ( any Racing subject )
    • Peace on Earth ( Non Military Subject )
    • Relics ( anything manufactured before 1975 )

• Martinnfb changed the title to Upcoming Group Build Poll

@Martinnfb Does the B-58 Hustler qualify for the 'Winning' Category?  Here are the credentials:

The B-58 won five major aeronautical trophies, including the Thompson, Bleriot, Mackay, Harmon, and Bendix. The Hustler also set more records than any fighter or bomber aircraft in the world, in itself a record. It set 14 world speed records in international competition. and 19 world speed records, including coast-to-coast records.

https://www.b58hustlerassn.net/b-58-history/trophies-records

• Like 4

Dang ! A pity we are not allowed multiple votes ;) !

I voted for « Tallies », but could go for « Winning ! » or « Sandbox » (only I do not have THE kit in my stash to satisfy the latter - but would know which one to purchase 🙄)

Hubert

• Like 6

9 hours ago, CANicoll said:

@Martinnfb Does the B-58 Hustler qualify for the 'Winning' Category?  Here are the credentials:

The B-58 won five major aeronautical trophies, including the Thompson, Bleriot, Mackay, Harmon, and Bendix. The Hustler also set more records than any fighter or bomber aircraft in the world, in itself a record. It set 14 world speed records in international competition. and 19 world speed records, including coast-to-coast records.

https://www.b58hustlerassn.net/b-58-history/trophies-records

Chris

Sure wish someone would release an up-to-date Hustler in 72/48 scale that's accurate and oh so needed.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, HubertB said:

Dang ! A pity we are not allowed multiple votes ;) !

I voted for « Tallies », but could go for « Winning ! » or « Sandbox » (only I do not have THE kit in my stash to satisfy the latter - but would know which one to purchase 🙄)

Hubert

Decisions decisions……..squirrel……….procrastination rules……😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Saw a Monogram B-58 today at the LHS in the clear out.  Was tempted by it. 

Carl,  How much were they asking for it?

I've had mine for years.  Need to find a decent set of masks or decals for it that are not older than I am!  Maybe they make a set for a desert scheme?!!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

By Martens definition, I am a genuine archaeological relic

With a screw driver in his Posterior going :hsmack::wtf:...memory long with this one "White Feather"

I like the MTO sandbox.;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Lee Drennen said:

I have to go with Sandbox also I really like the Modern Armor that was used in the Gulf war. 

Absolutely, I have been thinking about this big boy.

HillbillyArmor5tonCargo.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Martinnfb said:

Absolutely, I have been thinking about this big boy.

HillbillyArmor5tonCargo.jpg

Your thoughts are like mine thanks for posting that pick. I only have about 6 Italeri 1/35 scale of that truck in the stash 😂. I’m thinking of turning it into a M932 truck tractor another one on my bucket list I need to build. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Landlubber Mike said:

I voted sandbox too - I have a ton of AM for this one:

image.thumb.png.e4149a7dcdceec7dff6a0e3c0c120e69.png

I'd change my vote to sandbox if only to see you build this... I know it will be a beauty - especially the paintwork!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well, as the dice seem cast, and to broaden the spectrum from the expected « Afrika Korps / MTO » subjects, I found this interesting site, with hundreds of pictures from 1919 to the 70s, where sand is really a big component …

https://aviation-algerie.com/aviation-algerie/

Just scroll down the list of topics (titled in French). There are literally hundreds of them, each with about 40 pics.

And, yes, you can even model a Bréguet 961 « Deux-Ponts » in 1/32 (or 1/48 :( ), courtesy of « One Man Model » in Japan (although his eBay store does not seem active nowadays) ..

HTH to bring some additional inspiration, and, to add ideas, thanks to Mark31, « May the Force be with you » !

Hubert

• Like 7