Aber barrels for the E-3

Eduard Brassin WGr 21 rocket launchers for one of my 109Gs

Eduard national markings masks for 109 G/K

Dragon 110D-3

Revell He111H-6

Will keep me busy for a while :rolleyes:

• Like 4

I have 3 hobbies ...

* Military history, especially relating to strategy and tactics ... and narrowing it down further, the development of armour (and therefore my interest in the Panzerwaffe and WWII in general by extension) ... This is where my interest in modeling comes from ... I can create 3D art - depicting that which interests me.

* Books ... Military history, of course ... but also novels - you could divide my yearly reading time equally between both ...

* Writing ... I am currently at work on a novel of my own ... but at university, I was just as much at home writing essays for assignments on subjects like accounting and economics.

I am always buying books ... so whenever I am short of something new to read I give the girls of Dymocks in Ellenbrook a call ... I also wander around their shelves whenever I venture up that way ... I grabbed some Military titles while up there recently smile.png

IMG_0412_zps50a5a662.jpg

While Neither James Holland or David Isby are familiar authors to me ... the topics piqued my interest. Paul Ham is well known to me ... "Kokoda" and "Hiroshima and Nagasaki" being a couple of his works I have on shelf.

Rog smile.png

• Like 2

My Smith/Creek FW190 series is now complete.  Medcalf Ju88 Vol 2 has been pre-ordered.

Initial review of the Ju88 book looks really good and will serve as good reference on my future Ju88 builds.  The FW190 Vol 3 continues great research and pics as done with Vols 1 & 2.

190v3_88v1.jpg

• Like 2

last week got the wingnut wings AMC DH.2 and Sopwith triplane and just bought the Gotha hope to receive that in 2 weeks slowly getting on ordering all the wingnut kits just now on 7 kits

And bought the Revell Bf109 G-10 Erla and Bf109 G-6 well maybe some mixed reactions but they are cheap and I can rivet them for that money my self.

Now wanted the UHU from ZM but have to wait maybe after there flying wing if it is not to expansive.

Guest DannyVM

Yesterday i spoiled myself with a new digital camera.

My old thrusty Olympus C-740 with an enormous 3.2 mega pixelswicked.gif  an 10x optical zoomwhistle.gif  and a lcd display the size of a post stampwacko.png gave me lot's of pleasure and fun.....but old glory fades, so it was time to change.

DSC_0284_zpsa9e0d38d.jpg

DSC_0285_zpsf5e3a9e3.jpg

My new toy, and partner in crime for giving you guy's great modeling pic's is my Nikon Coolpix L830 with 16 megapixels, 32x optical zoom and a big movable lcd screen.

Oh yes...........i chosed the model so my wife wanted to chose the colorhelp.gif .....but hey, it's still a nice color isn't ithmmm.gif

DSC_0286_zps07e74b93.jpg

DSC_0287_zpsae16bac4.jpg

Greetz

Danny

• Administrators

What's so special about them? Always thought they were just profiles?

Doog these books for me, are simply the best books about armour modelling! Very very good tips and how to! And fantastic full step by step.

The best of the kind! 

The old girl got a facelift and a new sister....

evolution_zps814555f9.jpg

...twins now  :)

Since I'm very happy with my original trustworthy H&S Evolution, I don't want anything else.

The old girl needed some new rubber rings and a new spring and I bought her a twin sister.

Now I can finally start the fun part of my 109 build....throw on some paint :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Matt, this series of books is just mind blowing, a wealth of information. The step by steps are awesome, very well described and photographed. There are many reviews of the books on line and every one of them will confirm just how good these are. For any armour modeller they are the holy bible. Also worth looking at the official Rinaldi site for more info.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CEEQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rinaldistudiopress.com%2F&ei=lkJEU8rxIIHAhAet_IHQBw&usg=AFQjCNE1t-9MxGczVlean4f6tq7EGUJptg&sig2=Xte0M8rSDc1AzuVi6rJQ5w&bvm=bv.64367178,d.ZG4

​Martin.

Is there an equivalent to these books for aircraft? 

• Like 1

Yesterday i spoiled myself with a new digital camera.

My old thrusty Olympus C-740 with an enormous 3.2 mega pixelswicked.gif  an 10x optical zoomwhistle.gif  and a lcd display the size of a post stampwacko.png gave me lot's of pleasure and fun.....but old glory fades, so it was time to change.

DSC_0284_zpsa9e0d38d.jpg

DSC_0285_zpsf5e3a9e3.jpg

My new toy, and partner in crime for giving you guy's great modeling pic's is my Nikon Coolpix L830 with 16 megapixels, 32x optical zoom and a big movable lcd screen.

Oh yes...........i chosed the model so my wife wanted to chose the colorhelp.gif .....but hey, it's still a nice color isn't ithmmm.gif

DSC_0286_zps07e74b93.jpg

DSC_0287_zpsae16bac4.jpg

Greetz

Danny

I've got the Coolpix 320,great all round camera.

• Like 2

Yesterday I visited the Aviation Megastore in Aalsmeer to pick up the  Brassin 109 gun pods...

IMG_0047_zps784315bb.jpg

And came home with....Brassin gun pods for 109, Tauro stencil decals for 109/110 (need them ffor my Dragon 110), Techmod swastikas, more HGW seatbelts, and...

A Special Hobby Brewster Buffalo with Dutch (East Indies) decals.

Also stumbled upon Luuk Boerman from Dutch Decal, really nice bloke...tremendous knowledge.

The Aviation Megastore is such a candy shop, but I was strong...didn't buy the HPH Me 410 and I resisted buying a Brassin 109 engine.

Was tempted to buy a Hasegawa Stuka for the Junkers GB, but when I checked several boxes....the decals were old and yellow. Decided not to buy one.

• Like 1

You will NOT believe me... My eldest son has discovered Warhammer.... So he pulled me over to the Dark Side. He builds and plays the Tau forces, so I felt compelled to react in the name of Mankind. I bought a Leman Russ battle tank... :sofa:

99120105048_LemanRussBattleTankNEW01.jpg

It's -sort of- 1/48th, so you won't see it here! ;)

• Like 2

You will NOT believe me... My eldest son has discovered Warhammer.... So he pulled me over to the Dark Side. He builds and plays the Tau forces, so I felt compelled to react in the name of Mankind. I bought a Leman Russ battle tank... :sofa:

It's -sort of- 1/48th, so you won't see it here! ;)

Might be time for LSM executive board meeting on this one. :lol: 

• Like 1

Hi I have finally bought the Gotha my Wingnut stash is slowly growing scared the Gotha will be sold out and that is around for some time I really needed one and I need a good model to show my model stand application possibilities many excuses to buy it lol.

SAM_0956_zpsde24156e.jpg

johan

• Like 3

Walked into a local toy store that was having a 50% off the lowest sticker price sale as they are moving locations and found these two. Orginally 82 dollars, down to 65 and then half off that, well I couldn't walk past them. There was nothing else worth buying in the models section.

P1010020_zps2e9c8af9.jpg

P1010019_zps8eccfbe9.jpg

• Like 1