The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

1 hour ago, CrankyCrafstman said:

So, your going to try acrylic lacquers. I told you Tamiya acrylics are great to spray paint. If you use there lacquer thinner on there standard acrylics they spray fantastic.

Tamiya doesn't brush paint the greatest, but it can be done. I usually use Vallejo for brush painting details. Model color is best for brush painting, it's thicker.

Ron G 

Thanks pal. Being a noob to this I will need all ideas and knowledge out there. I resisted as long as I could. Lol

• Like 1

Today's Items.......

From Plaza Japan three items.

First from Tamiya their M26 Armored Tank Recovery Vehicle (35244) in

1/35 scale. I've never seen this version. That is, without the trailer.

It includes metal parts, metal chain, and rubber tires (10). Looks like

an interesting kit. 

From Hasegawa one of their " 12 Egg Girls Collection". This one;

"Sara Mayuki" ( bikini)  in 1/12 scale. Probably the last of these things

I'll purchase. This one striking an odd pose.

Last, also from Tamiya is their Honda DAX125 Limited Edition (14142) in

1/12 scale. I remember riding the original DAX as a kid in the 1970's. I also built

Tamiya's 1/6 of the original Honda DAX kit around 1981.

DSCN1808_kindlephoto-32652722.jpg

DSCN1810_kindlephoto-32612257.jpg

DSCN1812_kindlephoto-32690274.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Paul, what's the Dax like? I was looking at that kit the other day for some reason. 

It looks Ok. A pretty straight forward kit. It has sprues in metallic blue, black, chrome, clear and gray metallic. Also rubber tires, metal springs, and

vinyl tubing. There is also a screwdriver with tiny screws. There are two

marking options for a Standard edition and the limited edition. I noticed

that a helmet is included. I think this will be a quick, easy build.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

If they started importing that 125 DAX to the states, I would surly be divorced. I grew up riding a 50 Monkey and a Trail 70.  Resistance would be futile.  

You need to get two. One for each of you!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

You need to get two. One for each of you!

Trust me, I’ve often thought if that trick would work.   Her being a medical pro though has her biased against anything with two wheels.  Donor cycles she calls them.  I did mention us buying a couple of CT 125’s to go on rides. Her response was “but where?”  Very true.  SC doesn’t offer much in off road bike or ATV riding like some states do.  
Edit: We do have a nearby off-roading park, but it’s one of those “extreme off-roading” places you go to get covered in mud and thrill seek. Not old people trail riding 

My close friends doc tells him at 60 years of age you’re supposed to sell your motorcycles and ladders. You don’t need to be on either at that age. 

• Like 2

Scott, there's too many medical professionals in my family to try the same. My sister in law is an ER doc, my father in law is a retired pathologist so they both saw up close what could happen. 

It worked for a friend of mine though. Maybe too well. He introduced his girlfriend to riding, he was on a Honda CBR at the time. She liked it so much she bought herself a Triumph Daytona. A monster of a bike but she learned how to ride it properly. 

• Like 3