The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Ta 152C-1, Stab/JG 301, "Green 4" (1/32 PCM)

• Members

Seems like years since anything rolled off my work bench but here's Pacific Coast Models' 1/32 Ta 152C.  Not my best effort, but at least it's done!  For a limited run kit the fit was pretty good.  Overall level of detail was good, the landing gear and wheel bays were a little lacking.  Looking back in retrospect I wish I would have modified the kit to accept some G-Factor landing gear, this would have been a big improvement.  The finish is hypothetical based on a JG 301 report that reported two 152C's on strength at the end of April.  Mostly OOB, I added brass tubes for the wing mounted MG 151s and put on some Hasegawa landing flaps.  Paint as always is the incomparable Mr. Hobby.

Thanks for looking!

Mike

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

008.JPG

013.JPG

009.JPG

• Like 7

• 2 months later...

i love the finish - your stuff is always tops in that regard!

PCM kits in UK are either unobtainable or unobtainably expensive, so this is really the first time i have seen one of these built well, painted well and photo'd well

one question: what is the cowling flap part(s) like? the definition looks rather vague, as i can see where some wash 'held' and in other parts it presumably got wiped away because the parts were not moulded sharp enough?

thanks for sharing your excellent work!

Nick

• Like 1

• Members

i love the finish - your stuff is always tops in that regard!

PCM kits in UK are either unobtainable or unobtainably expensive, so this is really the first time i have seen one of these built well, painted well and photo'd well

one question: what is the cowling flap part(s) like? the definition looks rather vague, as i can see where some wash 'held' and in other parts it presumably got wiped away because the parts were not moulded sharp enough?

thanks for sharing your excellent work!

Nick

Nick,  yes the cowling is definitely lacking, I actually looked into modifying the cowl from a Hasegawa D-9 to graft on to but that would have been more effort than I really wanted to devote to the kit.  Some scratch-building or conversion in this area would be a big improvement.