Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

FW190A-8 Mistel 2 6./KG200

This was a truly enjoyable build with plenty of engineering challenges and build drama.   My WIP link is:  FW190A8 Mistel 2

Hasegawa's 1/32 FW190A8 modified as Rudi Riedl's FW190A8 Mistel 2. 6./KG200 Tirstrup, Denmark, February 1945.

Eduard photo etch for interior and CMK 600l Luftwaffe drop tank were added.  EZ Line for aerial with white glue blobs painted white for resistors. Refering to Forsyth's book Mistel - German Composite Aircraft and Operations I scratch built the Ju88 throttle controls and fuel switch on port inside panel.  While the center IP got Ju88 RPM/Oil Pressure Gauges and Auto Pilot control.  Ignition wires to the BMW801 have been added albeit almost impossible to see but I know they are there.  Decals came from the AIMS Mistel 2 sheet and some spare EagleCal decals.

The 6./KG200 Mistel unit badge "Staffelwappen" on cowling as created via ink-jet printer and decal paper.

Ju88G1 or G6 (not sure which one I am doing) Mistel 2 is currently on bench and will get plenty of love this summer.  Revell's Ju88A-1 is the donor kit using AIMS Mistel 2 conversion.

The scratch built display stand utilizes the same mount points which will be on the Ju88. This will also serve as cradle when not displaying on the Ju88.

FW190A8_Mistel.Final.0001.jpg

FW190A8_Mistel.Final.01b.jpg

FW190A8_Mistel.Final.03.jpg

FW190A8_Mistel.Final.02.jpg

FW190A8_Mistel.Final.04.jpg

FW190A8_Mistel.Final.05.jpg

FW190A8_Mistel.Final.01.jpg

FW190A8_Mistel.Final.06.jpg

FW190A8_Mistel.Final.07.jpg

FW190A8_Mistel.Final.08.jpg

NOVA IPMS 2015 Model Classic.

ModelClassic_15_Table.jpg

2nd Place

FW190A8_Mistel.Final.12.jpg

FW190A8_Mistel.Final.11.jpg

• Like 4

That is stunning Rick! Certainly one of the best Würgers' I've seen built.

You should try your hand at the new Revell kit.

Thanks Jim.  Your mottle coaching helped tremendously.  The Revell kit is on my sights when available.

Beautiful!

Thanks Dave.  See the belt?

Great work Rick!! It`S really awesome! Are you coming to Telford?

Thanks - Telford trip is TBD.  Have room secured.  Other variables need to fall in place.

Lovely stuff Rick.  Something appealing about the "unmottled" 190's.  Cheers, Ralph.

Thanks Ralph.  Just some light mottle.

Excellent Rick. Epic build and well done on the 2nd place.

Thanks.  Epic?  Perhaps the build timeline is epic.  :)

Lovely build Rick and congrats on the 2nd place. If the Ju88 even comes out half as good the whole thing will be stunning.

Aaron

Thanks Aaron.  Did ya notice the slung harness?  :)  Ju88 is on the bench and hope to finish by end of summer.

Stunning!  2nd place???  What ever beat you must've have been a master piece?

Thanks Jonathan.  Always happy with any accolade.  1st place was a very nice Ki43.  BTW my kids took 1st in their categories (12 and under) ... they've been teasing me since.  :)

• Like 2

Fantastic build & finish!!

Already attention-grabbing, even with just the synthetic stand. The Ju88 will complete the work of art.

I have the Aims mistel conversion in my stash but haven't braved it yet. Can't wait to watch yours unfold...

I wonder whether you'll rivet it? I think I probably should but it's a daunting task.

Thanks for sharing.

Doug

• 2 weeks later...