The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Revell Fw 190 F-8

As I'm building my Game Over dio, I need a little brake, or more something much easier. I think it's better to think about how to do it, then hurry and mess it up :-) So why not a little Revell Fw 190 F-8 Dio, for what I have everything.

IMG_0179.jpg

I started with the Eduard BMW 801 Engine and the more I build it, the more I fell in love with that Eduard stuff. Easy to build and really clever engineered. The Revell engine is absolutely not bad, but compared to the Eduard......

IMG_0140.jpg

After Priming

IMG_0142.jpg

I love always the point, when thing's comes up to live with a little color.

IMG_0153.jpg

the wiring is also very easy and clever done by Eduard. Just with very flexible PE parts.

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

Sorry, had to do it! Lol!

IMG_0168.jpg

Thanks Arno

• Like 12

Very nice work Arno...

I've been waiting for this to appear on the Forum. Was there very much resin to remove from the Eduard parts?

S

Thanks! No, there was just a little resin to remove. Quick and easy.

Arno

Great work Arno. You've got as much aftermarket for this one as the other dio! I thought this was suppose to be easy?

Joking aside I have this kit as well so following to see how you get on.

Aaron

Your right Aaron! With easy I mean: not ripped, not bend, not burnt........... Lol

Arno

• Like 1

It's a very good kit...

Dimensions are spot-on. Panel lines are recessed and, except for a couple of hatches, all in the right places. The main obstacle to making an A-8 from the kit is the lack of underwing bulges for the outer wing guns, although references can be found for A-8's without these fitted. It would be possible to source these parts from a Hasegawa kit and graft them on.

Would there be enough interest for a possible Group build of this kit a little later down the track I wonder?

S

• Like 2

Ok, so I stop, after installing the exhausts and a few more wires for the Moment and start with the cockpit. Please don't look to exactly, I know its full of errors  :wacko:

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

Thanks

Arno

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the compliments, they really help. Just build the Eduard cockpit and again the fit is great, really love that stuff. It helps people like me, to make something look cool. Or you have to scratch build that stuff and this is a number to big for me.

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

First time for me, to build real PE stuff, so I tried the Eduard flaps, was alittle terrible at the first look, so lot of mistakes and erors, but I think it will work for my Fw 190.I try to learn and practice! Lol

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

Found also a base plate and try to made a first layout. What do you think? It should be a scene in Italy.

IMG_0238.jpg

Thanks

Arno

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so I stop, after installing the exhausts and a few more wires for the Moment and start with the cockpit. Please don't look to exactly, I know its full of errors  :wacko:

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

Thanks

Arno

I, too, have looked closely and can see only museum-quality flawlessness. Stunning work!!! :unworthy:

• Like 5

Nearly finished the Tamiya Simca 5 and painted the figures. I still try to learn painting figures and what I must say is: a resin figure is always the money worth, that they cost more. For a pro it's sure no problem to pant all kind of figures equal, but for me its so much easier with the details of a resin mold. So the pilot and the Helferinnen are injection molds and the mechanic is resin. Of corse the Simca 5 was a pleasure to build, just say: Tamiya :-) Just add a few bits in the trunk and made it a little dirty and dusty, like it could look in Italy

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

And on the dio:

IMG_0386.jpg

Thank's for your nice words, it gives me feeling that I'm on the right way

Arno

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Started painting the 190 and so this is my version of the "Italien" camo, still have so much to learn with my airbrush.It allways looks so easy on Youtube tutorials. Lol

First the bottom

IMG_0399.jpg

Then I made the factory camo, but it was sensless you didn't see it a t the end

IMG_0414.jpg

So the RLM 79 with a few highlights

IMG_0422.jpg

Dry fit to have a look how it work's

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

Thanks Arno

• Like 7