The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Ok, I'm showing off...

rkranias

Scored some bling at the Old Dominion Open in Richmond, VA.  There were 2 beautiful builds, a Ju188 and Hs126 which earned 1st and 2nd in the 1:48 milti-engine category.  I'm happy to be in this group.

I was hoping to meet the builder of the Ju188 for some Q&A on the great finishes and detail on the Ju188.

Mossie_ODO_2018.jpg

Not sure which I enjoyed most from ODO '18.  Chumming around with the guys from Northern Virginia IPMS or the clever 3D trophy.  ;)

• Like 9

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2018 at 4:29 PM, JeroenPeters said:

love it!

Congrats!!!

Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi

On 8/14/2018 at 11:03 PM, Clunkmeister said:

Congrats, Rick.  It’s awesome they gave you neat keepsake trophys.

I like winning when the awards are unique and thought out.

Thanks for the kudos.  ODO has really nice trophies.

I had a discussion at an IPMS show with a modeller awhile back.  Asked me if I win many 1st awards.  I said no.  Then this modeller discussed the merits of building to win.  It was an interesting take on our hobby.

I replied I build for fun, albeit I might have OCD issues.  :)  I continued saying I build for the pure joy of research, imagination, build and paint that goes into a model.  Also important to me is the camaraderie and fellowship with my modelling peers.

I go to IPMS meetings/contests to hang out with the guys and see some great builds.  Any hardware is a pure bonus.

If I ever start building just to win a contest it will be time to find another hobby.

On 8/14/2018 at 12:36 PM, harv said:

Awesome buddy !...... Harv:notworthy:

Thanks Harv!

• Like 1