The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

I thought this was a no distractions build.............:wallbash::respect:

Phil, you ain't supposed to actually go back and look at my previous posts...

I'm like an American politician. I don't flip flop, I "evolve".  :D

• Like 6

On 7/5/2019 at 5:09 PM, TJTX said:

Hey look everybody,  I found Ernie's next build!

20190705_160802.jpg

That is....

...awesome!

Anybody know where we can get a bunch of those (assuming it's a real kit) and do a group build? :D

I'm up for a digital camo scheme.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

That is....

...awesome!

Anybody know where we can get a bunch of those (assuming it's a real kit) and do a group build? :D

I'm up for a digital camo scheme.

Oh it's a real kit.  Found it on ebay... I'm very tempted to track one down and make it the official insignia of the "squirrel mafia".

• Like 5

Just now, TJTX said:

Oh it's a real kit.  Found it on ebay... I'm very tempted to track one down and make it the official insignia of the "squirrel mafia".

You'll have to cast a bunch of copies for the rest of us if you do.

• Like 4

Apparently they had a bunch of those tie-ins; two sets for the animated Robin Hood, Captain Hook's pirate ship (in day-glo red plastic. hooray!), Herbie the Love Bug of course...

Apparently Perri comes with fur to make him a lifelike pet just like the one my uncle had...which bit the F out of me when I stuck my 6yo finger in the cage.

a4d11b19b23ea6fc36a2bd53f5504802.jpg

I have a feeling that he is going to look more like someone was trying to build an diorama base for an armor piece on his back than a real squirrel.

• Like 5

What are the chances of our 3d printing guru doing some smaller squirrels for us? Kind of be fun to have them in build threads and completed photos.  I'm also thinking of starting a "squirrel mafia" for our meetings at contest/nationals etc...

• Like 5

Since my dad was a hunter and a surfboard shaper, he probably would have just caught a squirrel and dropped it in a bucket of resin. Once it stopped moving, you just pull it out and give it a pose before the resin sets. Already did it with a few frogs and a rat, so why not?

• Like 5

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

Since my dad was a hunter and a surfboard shaper, he probably would have just caught a squirrel and dropped in in a bucket of resin. Once it stopped moving, you just pull it out and give it a pose before the resin sets. Already did it with a few frogs and a rat, so why not?

And I thought I personified the term “backwoods country redneck”. Cat, your Dad was so obviously WAAAY cooler on his worst day than I am on my best.  That story is now legend.

• Like 4