The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Nice to see a Rutman B being built!

Because I'm all out of unobtanium, I'll have to do my F6C with what's to hand.
Assorted Jerry upgrades for the D, a Dragon D, a Revell B and a ton of after market.
I blame Bruce Crosby.
Speaking of F6C and seeing Martin here, I need some help working out where the cameras fit?

Sorry for the derailment Clunkmeister.
Power on.

• Like 1

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Kais said:

Nice to see a Rutman B being built!

Because I'm all out of unobtanium, I'll have to do my F6C with what's to hand.
Ascort Jerry upgrades for the D, a Dragon, a Revell B and a ton of after market.
I blame Bruce Crosby.
Speaking of F6C and seeing Martin here, I need some help working out where the cameras fit?

Sorry for the derailment Clunkmeister.
Power on.

Hey Kais, no issues at all, and no derailment at all either.  Historically, my build threads ended up becoming discussion rooms, so by all means, if it’s Mustang related, bring it! 

E

• Like 3

You are a brave man, dealing with that old school resin kit. When I see the bubbles and distortions I would give it a kick. I once started to build a 'garage' kit and had to deal with all theese problems. I lost my patience and did not finalize in the Resin GB. But the project itself is not forgotten, because it is a real fun project.

I will follow your Mustang and may the forces of resin will be with me again ;).

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

• Administrators

You need to do one, Rob, seriously.  If you can't get a good IM model of a subject you love, then you do what you need to do.  There's a guy our  conducting a clinic on how to graft a spine and do the mods on the new tool Revell kit.  Then there's my way, the way I think is easier and more idiot proof, at least for me..

It's not like I never did resin stuff, Ernie. I had a complete resin kit started with resin figures and a resin 'Berlin Wall' for a Sci-Fi, Steam-Punk, What-If scene entry for the sadly closed resin GB. I stalled, because of many obstacles while building, but never lost interest in returning once, As you can see, a feeled half of the resin had to be removed in every thinkable way. Fit was terrible and many modifications had to be made.

Thread overtaking over :D, hope you don't mind.

Cheers Rob

P1120696.thumb.JPG.73522a9ba781a2eeca87fda9f3dbc8b4.JPGP1120756.thumb.JPG.71c9aef2e75ff5aacc1050b004a34223.JPG

• Like 5

• Administrators

Nice to be back on the bench. I’m covered in resin dust. Yeah baby!

I agree that stencils are easily overdone, but a few in strategic places do help, keeping in mind these Bs were usually quite war weary by the time the Red Tails were issued them. Before their new Ds, their Bs and previous P-40s were other squadron’s hand-me-downs.

• Like 2

On 9/18/2018 at 10:51 PM, Clunkmeister said:

Good news!

Today I received my Barracuda P-51 stencils. Yes I know they’re for the D version, but plenty of them will work just fine.

Onward with the build!

Those things will drive your eyes crazy!

• Like 5