The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

R2800

I was at loose ends after finishing the Trumpeter P-47D-11 so, to keep busy, I decided to build this R2800 from one of my unbuilt Corsair kits. When I decide to build another Corsair I'll already have the engine done. :)

12-14 001.jpg

12-14 003.jpg

• Like 7

Hehe :D, can't let go of the Corsairs…. God for me though, I got some new pictures of a similar Engine like mine in the Jug, what will be the next step. One of these days you should try the Brassin R2800. The Tamiya one is perfectly good, but the Brassin is in another league. The only difficulty is to fit it under the cowlings, even when you try the thinner resin or PE ones. Some of my grey hairs appeared when I tried to fit the Brassin engine into the Corsair and let the cowlings removable some years ago. But this gem cries for leaving everything open.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

Thanks Rob. Fit problems with after market stuff seems to be the usual thing. I quit buying a couple of brands for that reason. I'll keep the Brassin engine in mind for a later build though. Thanks again. :)

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

John,  pre-building engines, did you buy a job lot of  Corsairs.......:respect:

LOL No, I just wanted to keep SOMETHING on the bench. However, I DO have 2 of each in my stash. :)

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

But one more 2800and you can hang them on that Widow!  It’s calling “Build Me, Daddy, please?”

There's an idea. Maybe pick up the sprues from Tamiya and replace the HB engines.

I wonder if that would be enough to see her back on the bench...

Edit: forgot to say, a very nice engine John. Can I send you a couple of mine to build if you need to keep something on the bench?:D

Carl

• Like 4