The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

Nothing new it was just that the dust in my study was really annoying me so it was time to bite the bullet, on top of my display cabinets are my "refugee" models, either old or too big for the display cabinets and they get pretty dusty.

So armed with a bucket of soapy water, a cloth, cotton buds and a paintbrush I set to.

Plus of course CA was on hand for the inevitable repairs.

Before

xZD9Nz.jpg

And after

2kYLki.jpg

Ypg4XS.jpg

And restored to their perches after cleaning, the Heinkel was fun to clean, it's big.

cg7I8k.jpg

ne8zKq.jpg

Zlyqye.jpg

Ulch1y.jpg

Now on to the shelves and book cases

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Dennis

Nice job - nothing better then clean and dust free builds on the display shelves.🏆

4 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I'm with Peter on the nice cleanup and restoration work. The Cromwell looks very nice. 

Thank you guys and yes it was about time, I've just got the display cabinet and all the book shelves to sort out now up here, then downstairs and cleaning the display cabinets down there.

The Cromwell is one of my favourites, I was half way through a Bronco A13 when the tracks got the better of me, I have not touched armour since, I was really keen on modelling BEF vehicles at the time as well.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 4

On 11/28/2023 at 12:37 PM, Spitfire said:

Now on to the shelves and book cases

Cheers

Dennis

Nice collection Denis . Tamiya have brought out a Comet recently , I built the old Bronco one which was good , but maybe worth a look . 

I've got a couple of cheap IKEA glass cabinets for model display . It limits me in scale a bit ( 1/32 fighters fit or 1/48 twin engined , nothing bigger ) and also time . I fill it up, keep the one's I feel happy with and then have a sell off to clear space. Sometimes if I'm not that bothered by the subject, they get sold post build . Being enclosed, I never have to worry about dust. 

• Like 3

CBA with a build log, just as well as the Cathedral of Steel is really going slowly, getting all the insides finished , weathered, in the correct position to get a good hull fit ....it's been a drain . This was supposed to be a quickie fun build whilst I build up enthusiasm to finishing my Camel on TOS ( daft Academy kit was mojo sapping) . Been busy at work as well ...Anyhoo 

Hull is now glued , turret and hull guns complete , a few bit's a bobs and onto paint . My reasoning is they were delivered in some version of Olive Drab , then paint in Theatre . Looking at 1942 pixs , it looks like the bogies got painted in sand but the lower hulls and wheels were not . I'm aiming for the battle of Mersa Matruh , which was early timescale for Grants when they had they two tone cammo scheme with a white divider ....so that'll be easy then . Ah yes and its going to be abandoned and looking like a "fish supper" ....battered with lots of chips , and sand blasted paint ....and battle damage . 

image.jpg

temp-Image-P468-DJ.jpg

• Like 6

I wasn't the biggest fan of the Grant/Lee tanks but then certainly did the job when first pressed into service. 

I've only done the Miniart Grant and it's not quite done yet. No interior to it so probably a lot easier than the Academy one you're building. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PanzerWomble said:

CBA with a build log, just as well as the Cathedral of Steel is really going slowly, getting all the insides finished , weathered, in the correct position to get a good hull fit ....it's been a drain . This was supposed to be a quickie fun build whilst I build up enthusiasm to finishing my Camel on TOS ( daft Academy kit was mojo sapping) . Been busy at work as well ...Anyhoo 

Hull is now glued , turret and hull guns complete , a few bit's a bobs and onto paint . My reasoning is they were delivered in some version of Olive Drab , then paint in Theatre . Looking at 1942 pixs , it looks like the bogies got painted in sand but the lower hulls and wheels were not . I'm aiming for the battle of Mersa Matruh , which was early timescale for Grants when they had they two tone cammo scheme with a white divider ....so that'll be easy then . Ah yes and its going to be abandoned and looking like a "fish supper" ....battered with lots of chips , and sand blasted paint ....and battle damage . 

image.jpg

temp-Image-P468-DJ.jpg

Nice. I have a couple of Lee kits by Takom including the cast upper hull

variant. Like I've said before..a big scale kit, for me, would be great!

• Like 2

I’ll give everyone one guess.  The Tamiya tape will be the other color going on it.  

IMG_1112.thumb.jpeg.9216dc6176c626f551b30f5c4b6eb016.jpeg

No AM intakes for this one.  Hoping for a quick build and I think FOD covers will look sharp in yellow too.  

BTW, pulled the kit out of the stash last night and got busy at 7:30 this morning with coffee in hand! 

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

The longer fuselage section in front of the cockpit says it's a short nose F-4 so my vote is a Blue Angels F-4J. 

That and you said yellow for the FOD covers. 

Winner winner! Chicken dinner!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 11/30/2023 at 1:38 PM, PanzerWomble said:

image.jpg

temp-Image-P468-DJ.jpg

Wow!  Look at the shadows from the rivets.  Those things must have been huge. 

• Like 1

While working on the Sea Fury and Mako One, I noticed an unexpected theme. Everything on my bench at the moment has a Canadian connection. Even the stalled stuff.

The Sea Fury is RCN, Mako One is a CAF plane. I have an HK  617 Lancaster that had a Canadian crew, Spitfire XIV conversion flown by a Canadian pilot and lastly a CF-188 in 439 Tiger Meet markings. 

Certainly wasn't planned that way but interesting to me. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Winnie said:

On MY bench there is precious little... Packing for my PENULTIMATE move!

Back to Winnipeg, 1 year in a rental and then perhaps our own house!!

Cheers and Happy Festivus

Good luck with the move and best wishes to you.

Jeff

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

While working on the Sea Fury and Mako One, I noticed an unexpected theme. Everything on my bench at the moment has a Canadian connection. Even the stalled stuff.

The Sea Fury is RCN, Mako One is a CAF plane. I have an HK  617 Lancaster that had a Canadian crew, Spitfire XIV conversion flown by a Canadian pilot and lastly a CF-188 in 439 Tiger Meet markings. 

Certainly wasn't planned that way but interesting to me. 

Must be all that Canadian Whiskey doing it to you! 

• Haha 1