Jump to content
EVERYTHING UKRAINE GROUP BUILD IS NOW UNDERWAY.

RR Spey powered RAF Phantom conversion


Wingco57
 Share

Recommended Posts

The Aerocraft clear resin windscreen is a drop-fit.  The white is Kristal Kleer glue that dries up ... clear. According to the instructions that is. Also the Sidewinders were finally fitted. Slowly but surely getting there. But the cockpit still needs a lot of detailpainting.

IMG20220117195836.jpg

IMG20220117201234.jpg

IMG20220117201244.jpg

IMG20220117201303.jpg

IMG20220117201311.jpg

IMG20220117201319.jpg

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking mighty fine, very different Phantom for sure.

I am not trying to be a pain, but I just noticed this little thing, aren't the AIM-7 Sparrow/Skyflash supposed to fully fill the respective opening in the fuselage ? They seem to be tad shorter.

Cheers

Martin

IMG20220117201244.jpg

 

F-4.jpg

FGR_2.jpg

ukphanthom.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Martin,

you are correct of course, but I used parts from both kits as I felt like.

The Revell slits are a bit longer I think, but that kit had later missiles. Due to the join at the front between the Tamiya and Revell parts, the Tamiya Sparrow fins would foul the Splitter plates and I had to shorten the missile bodies. A real mix up of two kits. A genuine Frankentoom. But don’t tell anybody.🤥

Cheers

Cees

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Strange that when you dread a certain job in scale modelling, it is actually quite simple. For instance the FGR-2 wing walkways of which there is no aftermarket available. It only takes 20 teeny tiny strips of red decal,...each side. Starboard one will be done tomorrow. The central fueltank got it's Flory wash.

IMG20220122194432.jpg

IMG20220122194435.jpg

IMG20220122195038.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Getting nearer to the finishline . I dirtied up the upperwing surfaces a bit to get a "used" look (in the pics it looks more serious than in real life). The ejection seats are done now and dryfitted in the cockpit.

Jobs still to do are to apply the matt varnish, fit some small transparencies and last but not least, detail and paint the two canopies. Notice I keep the most difficult part till last.

IMG20220130174553.jpg

IMG20220130174605.jpg

IMG20220130174633.jpg

IMG20220130174738.jpg

IMG20220130174745.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Terrific progress .. the ejection seats look mighty good in their homes and have to agree, the upper wing weathering looks a bit much but that just might be from the lightning; just takes a lot of 'wattage' to keep the dark colors from appearing darker.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...