The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

The Force is strong with this one...

Some minor progress - seat modifications. Rather than chop up kit pieces, I opted to cut the seat as a whole.

DSCN2160-1.jpg

Not sure yet if I'm gong to lower the seat further, but if I need to, here is my plan.

seat-mods.jpg

My canopy masks finally arrived from Bulgaria. Worth every penny!

DSCN2164-1.jpg

DSCN2165-1.jpg

Just the insides right now. Some minor trimming is required in just a couple of places.

• Like 6

Why have I only just seen this??

So, you put pressure on me without even telling me?? You diwty Wats.. there I was running blind not realising anyone was following along?

Very soon I'll be doing a video on putting together the IP set from Airscale. I've found another issue tonight.. the table is too short so the bulkhead behind the pilots seat is too far back.

BTW.. the upper turret blanking plate is in the kit box.

Edited by NigelR32
  • Like 5

Just to be sure, the horizontal frame at the rear of the canopy is on the inside, the outside is smooth and the raised lines should be scraped away. The only thing you see from the outside are the boltheads. We have mentioned this several times to Neil but to no avail.
Cees

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

How you getting on Bill ?

I too have been watching Nige vids and the amount of mods on this new kit to correct is unbelievable.

I look forward to seeing how the seat sits on the renewed pilots floor . . . .

• Like 4

5 hours ago, FME erk said:

How you getting on Bill ?

I too have been watching Nige vids and the amount of mods on this new kit to correct is unbelievable.

I look forward to seeing how the seat sits on the renewed pilots floor . . . .

I took some time off, FME - I got to spend a week in sunny Florida! Back at it now...

3 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Wow, those cockpit mods look great. 

Bill, what size C channel did you use for the pilot floor struts? 

Carl

Thanks Carl, It's I beam, Evergreen #272 (0.08 x 0.051) 2.0mm x 1.3mm for you metric folks.

• Like 3

• Administrators

Bill I love your cockpit mods. Personally, I just lowered the kit’s pedestal instead of building a girder section. Mostly it was laziness on my part, plus the back half of the greenhouse is painted over as is the gop center, so there’s even less to be seen in my bird. 

This is looking stellar, my friend!

And Nige, just know that James, Ceres, and yourself have given many of us the motivation to build these kits.  And modify them as well. 

Life is good.  It’s very good. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, FME erk said:

Nothing wrong with the seat Bill.

I must say I do like the 'plumbing' around the seat, would that be lead wire ??

I tried using plastic rod, but I'm not good enough. Then I tried brass rod, but had difficulty getting a small enough bend radius. I settled for solder.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...