The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

F-16 SUFA converted to SCANG bird - DONE!!

I figured out the pivot points on the main gear last night.  Simply used my razor saw and cut the end off, turned it a few degrees and re-glued it.  For the little bracket that forces the pivot when retracting, that was a little tricky. I had to cut the part in two at the joint and add them to the legs one piece at a time.

Tonight (hopefully) I'll work on the locking arm that now has to be in a folded position.  I'm not making mine as far up in the wheel wells as the ones in the pics posted.  Slicing these "microscopic" parts and repositioning them is really trying my patience and the arthritis in my hand! My Pana-Vise has really paid off with this build. 

Forgot to get pics last night during the process.  I'll get some and update the thread this evening.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

So I went in last week for my physical and spilled the beans and showed my Doc the progress.  Since I’ve started this, they have now repainted his plane again.  :wtf:

its now all over dark gray with smaller tail numbers with a Gamecock on the tail.  Well, not starting over with paint!  He gets the second generation paint job. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, harv said:

Get to it man !.....harv :popcorn:

I had big plans for this past weekend......until my youngest daughter came home from college and put me to work building her a headboard for her bed that she needs for next semester. 

So I was out in the garage and had my table saw set up, jointer out using it and then running the lumber through the planer.  Then she has the audacity to ask me why I have all these tools.  "Apparently to make you a headboard."  :wallbash:  Thrift shop down the road as 8 priced at $15-$25.  But noooooo......not the latest trend on Pinterest...

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

I had big plans for this past weekend......until my youngest daughter came home from college and put me to work building her a headboard for her bed that she needs for next semester. 

So I was out in the garage and had my table saw set up, jointer out using it and then running the lumber through the planer.  Then she has the audacity to ask me why I have all these tools.  "Apparently to make you a headboard."  :wallbash:  Thrift shop down the road as 8 priced at $15-$25.  But noooooo......not the latest trend on Pinterest...

:rofl:

• Like 1

• 5 months later...