The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

White 6 ton 6x6 cargo truck frame making

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Glued the bumper and some air tanks on the bones today, just to say I did something. The Lanc will be done in a couple or three weeks, then full time on this one. I’m ready to do a groundbound vehicle for a change. 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Vehicles are fun. :)

Until the thingamijig breaks but you're not certain whether it's that thingamajig or some other thingamjig that is broken.  Then you gotta pay somebody to find and fix the correct thingmajig, but they always helpfully find some other thingamajig that needs fixing, rendering fixing only the first thingamajig pointless.  Because in 2-3 months, you'll have to replace said thingamajig if you don't follow their suggestion.

If I sell my 98' Hilux and buy a new one, I'll never be a back yard mechanic again.

• Like 2

• Administrators

You nailed it Gazz. These thing have a gazillion little brackets, mounts, flanges, supports, and stuff, all of which I know exactly what they’re needed for, and yes, much of it is extremely important down the road. Lose, break or misplace even one little bracket and your build stops.

• Like 3

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Yeah but we’re a happy , laid back and contented crazy bunch............:lol::lol:

Yeah we are that.  Laid back, chillin’ out with an umbrella drink on a beach somewhere. 

But shake that vacation thought off and back to the truck. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

OK, venting.

The reason I don't do armor is because all the itty bitty little parts that to me look like resin shavings cannot be seen with my naked eyes.

I'm going to need an optivisor on my optivisor to do this one. 

So now a real question. 

What shade of OD green should I use on this here Super Slick Go-Buggy?  

When checking possibilities, I see about 10 different shades of various OD greens available on the shelves. I expect this truck would be fairly new and not all that beat up at Normandy, so I'd love some feedback from the gearheads here.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Been working away at this some.  Tonight I’ll throw a shot of fresh olive drab on it, then start detailing the running gear with brushes, misting, and a bunch of gunk splattered about.

I’m finding ground equipment to be tedious work. We work on this stuff all day long and here I am at home making a motor vehicle in miniature. 

9AE16647-704D-4F15-8B7A-C9DCECB1463C.jpeg

297B54D3-8660-4FE5-A22C-CBA82ED31920.jpeg

• Like 6