The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

A question for RCAF builders

2 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Does anyone have a source for the red fire extinguisher, fire axe, and other emergency crew rescue markings.

Does anyone make a decal set for these, or are we kind of on our own here?

I have some in 1/72 , BUT they would be much too small for the Lanc............................ now here is a pregnant idea...................... Mike Belcher???  Also, Harold at Arrow Graphics did the 1/72 set, exactly what you are looking for, I wonder if 'we' contacted him if he would 'scale it up' as it were, I know he is a real nice guy......maybe worth a shot??

• Like 2

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I have some in 1/72 , BUT they would be much too small for the Lanc............................ now here is a pregnant idea...................... Mike Belcher???  Also, Harold at Arrow Graphics did the 1/72 set, exactly what you are looking for, I wonder if 'we' contacted him if he would 'scale it up' as it were, I know he is a real nice guy......maybe worth a shot??

Jeff, I emailed Mike Belcher a few days back. No answer. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Jeff, I emailed Mike Belcher a few days back. No answer. 

I bet he will get back to you... in a day or two.... long weekend up here this week.... maybe out camping or something....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 1to1scale said:

Have you checked the Aviaeology Airframe and Stencil decals for Mossie and Beaufighter? There might be some decals on their sheets.

No joy on the Beaufighter sheet...

• Like 2

• Administrators

Not sure. I’ll check.

Jeff, I emailed Canuck. There’s a message up that he sold all his screen printing equipment. He might not me doing any more decals. If anyone knows a guy with an ALPS, 1/72 could be scaled up and printed in red onto clear decal paper.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Not sure. I’ll check.

Jeff, I emailed Canuck. There’s a message up that he sold all his screen printing equipment. He might not me doing any more decals. If anyone knows a guy with an ALPS, 1/72 could be scaled up and printed in red onto clear decal paper.

OH OH......................... I missed that Ernie... WTF with these guys? Maybe give Dave Koss at Leading Edge decals a quick shout, tell him I sent you, he should respond, as I have bought multiples of EVERY ONE of his sheets...... I've been a good customer, and may not hold much power, but you never know unless you ask............................... he might take it on....

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Where is the message? I don't seem to be able to see it....

http://www.canuckmodels.com

Look on their facebook page....

Hello Everyone.

A quick announcement to let you know that I'm putting all our printing equipment up for sale. This includes the screen press, frames and screens, all printing inks and various other chemicals and mixes required for printing, the film jet, wash out system, compressor, large drying racks, etc... basically everything you need to screen print decals.

If you are interested in this equipment please contact me via email.

thanks
David

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smitty44 said:

Look on their facebook page....

Hello Everyone.

A quick announcement to let you know that I'm putting all our printing equipment up for sale. This includes the screen press, frames and screens, all printing inks and various other chemicals and mixes required for printing, the film jet, wash out system, compressor, large drying racks, etc... basically everything you need to screen print decals.

If you are interested in this equipment please contact me via email.

thanks
David

HUH...................that explains it, I'm not a Facebook guy.... well ...............poop

Thanks Smitty....

• Like 1