The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Phantom F-4D "The Saint"

A little background on this. Started about 5 yrs ago, I packed it up after my father passed Feb 2015. Just lost all interest in everything. Then in July, we moved to Missouri. After watching Sapper Six with his build, I got the itch to peek in the box. Dam, I have a TON of AM for this and actually have gotten a few more pieces for it in the last couple years. She will be done as a Gunship "the Saint". 460 TRS, 366TFW Da Nang 1968. No pressure, and take my time with it. I did have most of the pit done and also wing tanks plus an assortment of other bits. But I want to have fun with this. Who knows, maybe enter in next years Nats, we will see. So, here is a pic of the mess I have. Will take a few days to sort things out. Hope you follow along and comment on it along the way........harv

20190622_092836.jpg

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

I think the last F4 I built was 1/72 scale back in the early eighties...  I ruined it very well!

Rock on Harv!

I remember buying those little kits at the community store for a couple bucks, hand painting and done in a day or two.  Now look at us...:piliot:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, GazzaS said:

I think the last F4 I built was 1/72 scale back in the early eighties...  I ruined it very well!

Rock on Harv!

Mine was the Revell 1/48 Showtime 100 in the early 80's... With the see-thru intakes. I put a battery and a couple of wheat bulbs in the back end, backed up with crumpled foil.

Ah, kids... !

• Like 4