The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Tamiya 1:48 scale P 38....

MARU 5137

https://www.tamiya.com/english/info/aircraft_preview/index.htm

:wub:  

A new star is on the way!

Tamiya has some exciting news indeed for fans of aircraft models! The latest product in the popular 1/48 scale Aircraft Series is scheduled for release this Autumn, and will be announced at two events here in Japan from July 25. What's more, visitors to those events will be able to purchase a special preview version of the kit in a white box, containing prototype parts and materials. We are also hoping to be able to share the model with U.S. modelers at the 2019 IPMS USA Nationals in Tennessee from August 7! See below for some sneak preview pictures - that's all we have for you... for now!

Tamiya Modeler's Gallery 2019

July 25 - July 30, Tobu Department Store Ikebukuro, Tokyo, 8th Floor Exhibition Area

3rd Shizuoka Expo in Hokkaido

July 25 - July 30, Sapporo Tokyu Department Store, 9th Floor Exhibition Area

*Parts in the preview kit are prototypes and may differ from final product.

*Limited numbers of the preview kit will go on sale, on a first-come, first-served basis.

*Purchases of the preview kit are limited to one per person.

A new star is on the way!

Tamiya has some exciting news indeed for fans of aircraft models! The latest product in the popular 1/48 scale Aircraft Series is scheduled for release this Autumn, and will be announced at two events here in Japan from July 25. What's more, visitors to those events will be able to purchase a special preview version of the kit in a white box, containing prototype parts and materials. We are also hoping to be able to share the model with U.S. modelers at the 2019 IPMS USA Nationals in Tennessee from August 7! See below for some sneak preview pictures - that's all we have for you... for now!

Tamiya Modeler's Gallery 2019

July 25 - July 30, Tobu Department Store Ikebukuro, Tokyo, 8th Floor Exhibition Area

3rd Shizuoka Expo in Hokkaido

July 25 - July 30, Sapporo Tokyu Department Store, 9th Floor Exhibition Area

*Parts in the preview kit are prototypes and may differ from final product.

*Limited numbers of the preview kit will go on sale, on a first-come, first-served basis.

*Purchases of the preview kit are

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

I have to say that this will be welcome as the hasegawa kit is a horrible build and the academy not much better so a good fitting P38 will be welcome 

Ha!  Horrible is quite kind of you. I have a half built Hasegawa P-38 on the SOD just to remind me what a turd looks like.

Good news for sure but I'm not a player at 1:48 anymore.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sluggo said:

Ha!  Horrible is quite kind of you. I have a half built Hasegawa P-38 on the SOD just to remind me what a turd looks like.

Good news for sure but I'm not a player at 1:48 anymore.

I gave mine to the wife to build saying "it's hasegawa, it'll fall together" oops 

• Like 2

Good news and a little sad for me. I had the limited edition of the Academy one from Eduard with all the goodies and lost it while moving to Spain. Some weeks ago I bought a new one from Academy and added all the PE and resin, bummer.

Teaser, it's not the Tamiya roll out :D

Cheers Rob

P1070371.thumb.JPG.09847a2ca717084eb628740dee1205f5.JPG

• Like 2

On 7/24/2019 at 9:59 AM, DocRob said:

Some weeks ago I bought a new one from Academy and added all the PE and resin, bummer.

Haha, not so bad at all, the Tamiya offering will be a P-38 F/G, my other one is a J ,so there speaks nothing against a second one :D

https://www.themodellingnews.com/2019/07/tamiyas-148th-scale-lockheed-p-38-fg.html

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

I would say we needed decent lightning in any scale. And this can be a wakeup call for big scale producers as well.

I was just thinking I should crack this open and have a looksie but I think I'm getting the vibe that it's not so bueno......

Boxart Lockheed P-38L-5-LO Lightning 02227 Trumpeter

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

I’ve still got the the Academy P38 with the Eduard, I’ve opened the box many times but the plastic looks awful. Now Mr Tamiya is rumoured I’m just wondering.......will the Eduard goodies fit the Tamiya???????????

Some of it will Phil but I think the academy eduard kit is a k/l? The tamiya kit looks like an earlier model 

14 minutes ago, Grunhertz said:

Some of it will Phil but I think the academy eduard kit is a k/l? The tamiya kit looks like an earlier model 

The new Tamiya kit is a F/G, the boxart one being the Lightning that shot down Yamamoto’s Betty. Much better looking than the latter (admittedly more aerodynamically efficient) J/L featured by the Monogram and Academy kits in 1/48, and Revell’s and Trumpeter’s 1/32 renditions.

As a side note, do you know that the Yamamoto mission could only be completed because a certain Charles Lindbergh taught the pilots efficient fuel management ?

Hubert

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

This is the boxing I have,

81A46198-8646-47CA-8D19-4B2A2102616F.thumb.jpeg.64a9a715e3f2c198635d37bae27ec64f.jpeg4D665CFB-2B13-4F9A-8273-18E60E0B9AC4.thumb.jpeg.fc115e508df6b9c2b88bad13b2c5128c.jpegDF0C4BD5-5958-4BEF-B993-918302FAD943.thumb.jpeg.642404981ece2b5bd41185804ab4b460.jpeg

Let’s see what Tamiya have added.........really looking forward to have a new moulding of a 38..........how long ago was the Monogram one?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

81A46198-8646-47CA-8D19-4B2A2102616F.thumb.jpeg.64a9a715e3f2c198635d37bae27ec64f.jpeg4D665CFB-2B13-4F9A-8273-18E60E0B9AC4.thumb.jpeg.fc115e508df6b9c2b88bad13b2c5128c.jpegDF0C4BD5-5958-4BEF-B993-918302FAD943.thumb.jpeg.642404981ece2b5bd41185804ab4b460.jpeg

Let’s see what Tamiya have added.........really looking forward to have a new moulding of a 38..........how long ago was the Monogram one?

You should be alright with that one Phil I didn't even know that kit existed 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

You should be alright with that one Phil I didn't even know that kit existed 

They had another one in their line up, but they are hard to find now. The one I lost is the same like Phils.

https://www.eduard.com/index.php?stoken=4D0CF8ED&lang=1&currency=0&listtype=search&searchparam=lightning&cl=search&tpl=&fnc=executefilter&attrfilter[]=&attrfilter[15]=Limited+edition

Cheers Rob

18 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Come on, do it Phil, I'd love to see yours build.

Cheers Rob

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DocRob said:

Come on, do it Phil, I'd love to see yours build

I opened the box about 6 years ago and did the wheel wells, but then packed it up again. I think at the time I lacked the confidence to do it justice. Now I think, yeah why not. My other thought is to use the Brassin on the Tamiya if it fits and enhances the kit. Also have the Master barrels already............thinking......

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...