Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Rant of the day: HobbyBoss A-26B

Artful69

4 hours ago, Vandy1 VX-4 said:

Doesn't Victor models make a R-2800 that will work for the A-26? 

I don’t know who Victor  Models are - some AM manufacturer?!? ... Anyway ... there’s, in all probability, two chances  of fitting a legit scaled R-2800 into the current nacelles  ... and I don’t like either of them!! we’ll need new ones for the rivet-n-panel brigade for sure.

Rog :)

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Oh my, I nipped over to TOS, wow dummies being thrown there, the best one was the third decal option being fictional ............unbelievable......

Kit decals, that's funny! Who uses Trumpyboss decals? That's like when the vegans were suing Dairy Queen for not selling any non dairy options.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

yup

cover.jpg

Ok ... the advertised product says what it represents and what aircraft it was fitted to ...

It DOESN"T say that it will fit any particular kit ... and given what we already know - I doubt a little sanding (or even a lot) will get those to fit.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Martinnfb said:

Let us just wait and see. There is still hope that HB will take note of this and will fix the errors. 

Nah, it's about to hit the stores. Already a month and a half past due. Imagine it would be out had the virus not hit.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, smitty44 said:

Kit decals, that's funny! Who uses Trumpyboss decals? That's like when the vegans were suing Dairy Queen for not selling any non dairy options.

Sounds like a business opportunity the Vegans should take up instead of forcing others to their will, but honestly who would go to Non-Dairy Queen?

• Like 3

23 hours ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

I heard the new soft resin tires were supposed to sag a little under the kit's weight to give a more realistic effect than traditional resin, but is a kit sufficiently heavy for that?

The videos on their website certainly seem to show them sagging very realistically - the resin is very soft. They also supply an asymmetric 'bulge' on the hub which can be sanded or trimmed to give a desired degree of sag. They certainly look very nice but they don't yet have a product for anything in my stash, although they do seem to be producing new stuff pretty quickly. 

• Like 3

I don't see much whinging, I do see people pointing out the shortcomings of the kit that they can see and that's a good thing. I mean when a company can't even spell it's own name correctly on the decal sheet, you have to ask some questions regarding their attention to detail. I want to hear this type of thing, it might have saved me buying their MiG 17 if I had seen a thread on it before I bought it.

Note also that people pointing out the errors most also say they will be buying one.

• Like 3

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, BradG said:

I don't see much whinging, I do see people pointing out the shortcomings of the kit that they can see and that's a good thing. I mean when a company can't even spell it's own name correctly on the decal sheet, you have to ask some questions regarding their attention to detail. I want to hear this type of thing, it might have saved me buying their MiG 17 if I had seen a thread on it before I bought it.

Note also that people pointing out the errors most also say they will be buying one.

Brad, I like to find the humor in things. For example, if I was Pratt and Whitney, I'd be sorely upset the Hobbyboos installed their competitor's engines in an aircraft that used their product.  (They look awefully like Wright R2600s to me)

We generally allow threads to run here, as long as they don't devolve to personal attacks and incessant repaeat of the same three facts for 27 pages.  And if it went 27 pages, that's obviously MY fault. :rofl:

but in all seriousness, if you want to see a REALLY NICE kit, check out my in progress OOB build review of the IBG P.11c.  that kit is easily the nicest I've built in years. A pure pleasure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I really don't know what you're trying to say Clunkmeister, but it seems to be a popular thread due to being a popular and wanted model and there's a lot more forum members there than here so you'd expect more discussion pages on topics.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BradG said:

Maybe thats where we differ ... and that's ok!

I have seen the accuracy issues pointed out - great!! ... I am all for having that information also. Mention the issue as you see it, Compare it with photographic evidence or drawings as required ... formulate a solution (or not!!) and move the heck on ... 

BUT I see more whining, snarky remarks, sand bagging, jibes and put downs than nearly any positive steps toward correction of defects - at all. Or ... even if it is possible to rectify said inaccuracies ...

We all already know that it's Hobby Boss and that super attention to detail is not their thing ... theres just no need to go on ... and on ... and on ... and on ... and on about it.

• Like 4