The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Facebook jail

JohnB

Now it's my turn to be put in "Farcebook Jail". I have no idea why my account has been suspended and I haven't been able to get it straightened out (yet). If it's not one thing it's something else! VERY aggravating!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

51 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

Wife’s got hacked last week.  I never use it, no big deal for me.  But watching her in withdrawals is quite entertaining.  

Right now I haven't a clue as to what the "problem" is. In my opinion FB has gotten "too big for it's britches" (old southern saying LOL).

• Like 5

John,

You may have innocuously done or said something in the last week or so, that goes against Facebook's current values.

Have you recently on Facebook:

Supported a Political Party or their policies...

Denounced a Political Party or their policies...

Denied that it was as hot or cold on a particular day than someone might have mentioned...

Shown a Swastika on a model kit, or liked a post where someone displayed one...

Inadvertently used the word 'Gay'; as in 'That's so GAY', 'Rub some BenGAY on that', or 'I love that song by Gloria GAYnor'...

Inadvertently used the word 'Man'; as in 'SportsMAN', 'MANager' or 'MANitoba'...

Used a swear word online...

Sworn anywhere in the vicinity of the computer while it was turned on, whether logged onto Facebook or not...

Or perhaps even just thought of a swear word while the computer was on (not that they're monitoring you or anything)?

If any of these things happened, that's probably what's lead to your suspension. Either that, or whoever was in charge on that day left their Child alone for 5 minutes on 'Bring your Kids to work' day.

S

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Wumm said:

Have you recently on Facebook:

Shown a Swastika on a model kit, or liked a post where someone displayed one...

Used a swear word online...

This is me all over.  I'm waiting for my ban.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

This is me all over.  I'm waiting for my ban.

There is a private Facebook page affiliated with the LSM site, where the subject matter naturally leads to the Swastika being displayed. We have been warned thusly (as have other private pages)

IMG_20210312_213534.thumb.jpg.8501e6501944bf8daa587d9c65042281.jpg

Remembering all the while, that Facebook allowed the live-streaming of the Christchurch massacre, un-edited and un-censored.

S

• Like 4

A friend of my wife's got 'banned' for mentioning that Canada is still not allowing cruise ships into Vancouver ! and He WORKS for a Cruise Line !!  Go figure........ because I can't ...................

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

LOL guys! I will try to get whatever it is resolved today but if they aren't "nice" I am considering giving 'em the boot. This is the first time my account has been suspended but not the first time to have problems with my page. I still think it should be re-named "FARCEBOOK". :wacko:

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

whatever it is...   a farce or whatever...  is still the source of many historical photos.  So it is still of use to me until somebody comes up with another one.

Yes Gaz, I agree. That is a big reason I stay with it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jeff said:

A friend of my wife's got 'banned' for mentioning that Canada is still not allowing cruise ships into Vancouver ! and He WORKS for a Cruise Line !!  Go figure........ because I can't ...................

This is a thing now...

I recently changed jobs, and my current workplace has a ban on adverse Social Media comments about it's operations or Individuals who work there. I can be disciplined or have my position terminated in what they may deem to be extreme circumstances. They may have the power to liaise directly with Facebook to have my account suspended; I don't want to be in the position to have that theory tested. I use it mostly for social interaction... In hindsight, some of my posts might be deemed to be in contradiction to their position on Climate Change. 

S

• Like 3

I still haven't been able to get this sorted out. I had (according to THEM) requested too many text codes to get in contact with whoever handles this sort of thing. My cell phone wasn't set up for texts so I wasn't able to get the "codes" they sent. So they locked me out for 24 hours. It's been more than that now but I'm still locked out. I went on and changed my cell "plan" to include texts so hopefully I'll be able to receive any "code" they might send. What a PITA!!!!!:wallbash:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Wumm said:

This is a thing now...

I recently changed jobs, and my current workplace has a ban on adverse Social Media comments about it's operations or Individuals who work there. I can be disciplined or have my position terminated in what they may deem to be extreme circumstances. They may have the power to liaise directly with Facebook to have my account suspended; I don't want to be in the position to have that theory tested. I use it mostly for social interaction... In hindsight, some of my posts might be deemed to be in contradiction to their position on Climate Change. 

S

Seems to me, that my dad fought a world war to prevent this kind of speech supression ................. he is almost 99 years old, so I guess that war doesn't count any longer ...... this cancel culture is getting way out of hand..... I am not a F/B guy or Twitter or any of those other things, this forum is as far as I go.............. beside most folks don't give a damn about what I think anyway, it's just here where you guys are patient with me... and as far as I'm concerned there is a lot of ................. how did Piers Morgan call it........... oh yeah ... 'bilge' that folks post that is just not really needed (for me anyway) or that interesting ..... but that is just my :2c: worth............. I am always interested to see how far this will go, and am very hopeful it will soon stop and we can get back to the important things of life............... one of the real puzzling things to me is.....  who are these people making these decisions on what's right and what's wrong on my behalf?   Hang in there , Steve............and best of luck with the new job !

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JohnB said:

I still haven't been able to get this sorted out. I had (according to THEM) requested too many text codes to get in contact with whoever handles this sort of thing. My cell phone wasn't set up for texts so I wasn't able to get the "codes" they sent. So they locked me out for 24 hours. It's been more than that now but I'm still locked out. I went on and changed my cell "plan" to include texts so hopefully I'll be able to receive any "code" they might send. What a PITA!!!!!:wallbash:

They aren't making it easy for you, John................... is it worth it?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Seems to me, that my dad fought a world war to prevent this kind of speech supression ................. he is almost 99 years old, so I guess that war doesn't count any longer ...... this cancel culture is getting way out of hand..... I am not a F/B guy or Twitter or any of those other things, this forum is as far as I go.............. beside most folks don't give a damn about what I think anyway, it's just here where you guys are patient with me... and as far as I'm concerned there is a lot of ................. how did Piers Morgan call it........... oh yeah ... 'bilge' that folks post that is just not really needed (for me anyway) or that interesting ..... but that is just my :2c: worth............. I am always interested to see how far this will go, and am very hopeful it will soon stop and we can get back to the important things of life............... one of the real puzzling things to me is.....  who are these people making these decisions on what's right and what's wrong on my behalf?   Hang in there , Steve............and best of luck with the new job !

Yes, it was a much simpler World back then Jeff. But the basics of what we're seeing now were already in place then... Axis = bad, Allies = good. That was the narrative. Everyone lumped into either one side or the other. Never mind that Stalin starved Millions of Ukrainians under his control to death in the 30's, he's fighting the bad guys like we are so we can just ignore the ambiguity of aligning with that particular Despot and just deal with the anti-Semitic Despot instead.

Nuance was already dead after the Great War.

This is now a Generational thing, it's going to be with us for a decade or more until the next reset (as in, the next Great War) and whoever triumphs will hold the cards and decide the rules. Last month, Facebook got the sh#ts with the Australian Government and censored all Media pages here with the flick of a switch... Just because they could. Conversely, China limits what can be seen on Social Media, and Russia has begun limiting access to Facebook posts that refer to Alexei Navalny... Apparently it's not enough that they tried to bump him off, and they now have him in custody, let's also remove all traces of the Man so that the people forget. State censorship or Corporate censorship; it's all basically the same if you can't see the finger on the switch.

S

• Like 3

I never signed up for any of the popular social media bullcrap. The headaches/BS far out weigh the benefits in my opinion and wallowing through a bunch of pretentious garbage to find tidbits of good isn't my way to spend my rare free time. I check out a few modeling forums and  few hot rod/muscle car forums and that's it. The whole social media ordeal is driving people apart more than it's bringing people together IMO.

• Like 7