The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Tamiya Spit Mk IX

13 minutes ago, Kaireckstadt said:

Great looking pit and the belts look like the real thing. Nice crisp detail which you picked out really good! 

I appreciate that, thanks. :)

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I hear you on the getting old bit... my damn knees are giving me Hell these days... too many years climbing and jumping off heavy equipment and big trucks..... still though, the belts look great, I have yet to try the fabric ones....

I'm glad you like 'em Jeff. Unlike some PE belts I've tried these are thin and flexible so are fairly easy to work with. :)

• Like 4

Nice work, John! 

If I might suggest....

I got some custom made reading glasses for rigging.  They are X4.82.  If you use X5, the working distance is too short.  X5 is what watchmakers use.  X4.82 gives you a working distance of 8 inches.  Got them made at Specsavers here in AUS.  Love them for the ultra-fiddly work.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

John, how the #### did I miss this build, it just passed me by.........anyway only ever built one Spit in my life....:sofa: and that was to many years ago to remember......following this one carefully because I hear good things about Mr T’s Spits......

• Like 4

10 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Nice work, John! 

If I might suggest....

I got some custom made reading glasses for rigging.  They are X4.82.  If you use X5, the working distance is too short.  X5 is what watchmakers use.  X4.82 gives you a working distance of 8 inches.  Got them made at Specsavers here in AUS.  Love them for the ultra-fiddly work.

Thanks for the tip Gaz! I'll "look" into that. :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

John, how the #### did I miss this build, it just passed me by.........anyway only ever built one Spit in my life....:sofa: and that was to many years ago to remember......following this one carefully because I hear good things about Mr T’s Spits......

Sounds like it's time for a Spitfire build! LOL Tamiya's Spitfire kits are a pleasure to build (as are the Corsairs and P-51s:)).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jackster said:

Very nice start, the seat belts look fantastic, very nice detailing on the rudder pedals and rest of the pit.

Cheers

Kev

Thank you Kev.:)

• Like 1

John

Terrific work on the front office and the PE belts look the part.

Old age seems to catching up faster and faster as each one passes us by, it seems the next one reaches us a bit quicker. There are days now seeing with out my magnifying lamp is nearly impossible and my hand also now have both good and bad days. The chemmo has surely taken it’s toll. 
But no fears - just enjoy and keep turning out those gems

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Peterpools said:

John

Terrific work on the front office and the PE belts look the part.

Old age seems to catching up faster and faster as each one passes us by, it seems the next one reaches us a bit quicker. There are days now seeing with out my magnifying lamp is nearly impossible and my hand also now have both good and bad days. The chemmo has surely taken it’s toll. 
But no fears - just enjoy and keep turning out those gems

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

Thank you Peter. Strange how birthdays come around so much faster the older you get! :)

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Kpnuts said:

I love the stuff you aircraft guys do (I've never built an airplane I was happy with) 

This looks great so far.

Thanks.:) Lots of experience here.

• Like 3