Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Background music....

GazzaS

“Music I listen to” covers so many genres, it would take forever to list the artists. 

One of my favourite bands through my late teens and twenties is Iron Maiden. I hadn’t really seen a band come into existence since them that is as “tight” as they are … until I saw a Japanese all girl group call Band Maid a couple of years back (these girls are THAT good) … I have them playing in the background around most of my activities now …

… unless I’m sorting out the stash room - then I have Mission Impossible playing!

Rog :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Artful69 said:

“Music I listen to” covers so many genres, it would take forever to list the artists. 

One of my favourite bands through my late teens and twenties is Iron Maiden. I hadn’t really seen a band come into existence since them that is as “tight” as they are … until I saw a Japanese all girl group call Band Maid a couple of years back (these girls are THAT good) … I have them playing in the background around most of my activities now …

… unless I’m sorting out the stash room - then I have Mission Impossible playing!

Rog :)

Maiden are still as tight as ever even 40 years into it. I first saw them in '84 on the World Slavery tour then took my son to see them on the last 2 tours for Book of Souls and Legacy of the Beast and they have got better live and the stage productions are amazing. Try a band from Mexico made up of 3 sisters called the Warning, the youngest is only 19 but they are very good.

• Like 2

On 1/18/2023 at 10:20 PM, GusMac said:

Try a band from Mexico made up of 3 sisters called the Warning, the youngest is only 19 but they are very good.

They are rather good aren't they. Been listening to them for a while

• Like 2

When I have music on, its mostly 80s and 90s.  Boston, 38 Special, Eagles, etc.  Other, more current stuff too.  But when I'm at the workbench, the TV is usually on and if its not a football or hockey game, it might be Battlebots or Love it or List it, Gold Rush, or Flea Market Flip.  Anything I don't really need to watch - so more background noise...

• Like 5

I'm rarely ever hearing background music, when it's time for music, I fire up my amps, start the turntable and feed the beast with some vinyl and listen to music of all kinds, well, all kinds I like.

There are a few exceptions from my analogue playground and this is one of them. Roisin Murphy, maybe the last pop goddess, released a video some days ago, covering a whole - hmm - let's say concert without audience. This was produced during lockdown as she did with lots of videos from her living room or on Ibiza.
What I like about the project, Roisin made a new album in these times of restriction with an optimistic and hedonistic retro disco sound, never being performed in front of an audience, instead released in this video. She remixed older songs of herself, fitting to the sound and cumulated in a beautiful version of a Moloko classic, 'Familiar Feelings in an acoustic march off.
Yeah, I'm biased, I'm not often helplessly in love, but Roisin is the last true goddess and she is since decades. Don't hear it on your tiny phone, use a true amp and hifi speakers and party until the police comes, like in old times Or recent times ;).

Cheers Rob

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Today I got into some Toto (original members), some Tears for Fears, and a couple new contemporary Christian people like Phil Wickham and Brandon Lake (as well as others). 

• Like 1