The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Background music....

GazzaS

I love Massive Attack, the music is great and they appeal the vinyl junky in me, as they have so many rare and special pressings. I have an issue of Heligoland with a hand printed cover and other rare stuff issued by them. But as always in my collection , it's about hearing the vinyl. I would never sell one of my records or leave it sealed to raise the value. I bought them for their main purpose, which is generating vibrations in the air, which will hit my ear with MUSIC.

Cheers Rob

• Like 7

I use Spotify, have very eclectic taste from classical to punk, Frank Sinatra to heavy rock. I listen to what Spotify thinks I will like and its quite scary how much music I have picked up from that.

Cheers

Kev

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

We are missing a few guys at the moment, not sure why they didn’t go for the win?

If they were going for the win, they'd have had to bat Sibley at 11. He makes Tavare look like Viv Richards!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GusMac said:

If they were going for the win, they'd have had to bat Sibley at 11. He makes Tavare look like Viv Richards!

Wisden's just called Gus...

They'd like their 1981 Almanack returned please.

S

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Cricket??  I suppose it beats listening to real crickets.  Especially that single cricket that's hidden in your house on a summer night that doesn't care whether you have to get up the next morning or not.  That's an American phenomena I haven;t missed since moving to Australia. 

Trying to watch test cricket = ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz.........  if the batsmen are playing defensively.  20/20 is more fun.

• Like 3

I can't say as I ever listened to a cricket match or any other sporting event

whilst modeling. I mentioned in my last post that I would try listening to

an audio book as suggested by my mother. Well, I did so. I listened ,about 2 weeks

ago to a audio book about Bushido . This was a free audio book offered by Amazon and

the book was an audio book of a book first published in the nineteenth century. I enjoyed

Listening despite the fact that I have the attention span of a Chipmunk loaded with caffeine. I might try this again, an audio book again or perhaps a selection of music

from the Cowboy junkies........boy, that Margo Timmons can sing! Anyway, I find I can't

Listen to the news anymore....No, that scares me to much. I end up calling a relative, my mother usually, and venting my frustration about how ludicrous society is becoming.

When I get through this relocation, I hope to return to modeling. Jeez! I wish it were over.

I have reached my limit with this covid thing. Today I had to do business through the letter slot in a door of a business I'm involved with. I mean, is this an example of prevention, or just Paranoia? I mean..... Jeez!. I've tested negative and have been

vaccinated (Pfizer). Oh well, hell. This has been, and will, be a difficult month for

me and the next month will also prove to be as well. I hope I'll make it through the

Rapids and return to blissful condition of normality soon. 

Thanks;

Paul.

• Like 3

Well the 2nd test starts tomorrow at 11.00 GMT / BST………I personally love 5 day test matches but can see the benefit of 20/20 but………..not a fan of hit every ball for six……..or try to ……..IMHO it dilutes the beautiful game…..

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Wumm said:

Wisden's just called Gus...

They'd like their 1981 Almanack returned please.

S

Didn't think I'd see an Aussie pick 1981 as an example Ashes, Steve!

Pretty small sample size to choose from where England came out on top, especially from 1989 to 2003/4.

First Ashes I remember is 1974/5 as we got some on the telly over here. I was only a primary school kid but I just remember being mesmerised by Thommo's action. Met him many years later by chance in Sydney and he was a lovely bloke. Happy to have a chat and an absolute hoot. His acceptance speech into the Hall of Fame is one of the funniest, but also most poignant, things I've seen. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I sense some of you may enjoy Epic music. Two Steps from Hell do some great stuff. My favourite piece is below. If you like it, I also enjoy; United we stand, divided we fall, protectors of Earth, Norwegian Pirate, Flight of the Silverbird, To Glory and Cannon in D minor, to name but a few of their tracks.

• Like 2

I`m listening to Duck Backer`s `The blood of the Lamb` from `A Thousand Words` album on loop. He has always been my favorite guitar player since I was a child. We`ve had a couple of his albums at home and `The Kid on the Mountain` was absolutely worn out. To be honest I got so inspired by Duck that I made my parents buy me a jazz guitar. To my shame I had no idea what to do with it. I learned some basics from the manuals but I couldn`t imagine playing something harder than tunes for beginners. I tried to play by ear but it didn`t turn out well so the guitar was abandoned for a while. But recently I came across a manual with blues guitar tabs and there were tutorials based on Duck Backer`s songs. Nice coincidence.

• Like 2

To be honest, I really detest Spambots. Followed by a totally non-specific anecdote. A performance we can all do without. Then ended with a sentence that basically means nothing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

To be honest, Manu Chao at the moment :)

This guy is great, I know his music since the late 80's when he was part of the Band Mano Negra. I've seen some concerts in Berlin and Barcelona, he/they surely know to entertain. 

Here is one example of their raw power, a bit like the early Clash, latin flavored.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

To be honest Martin, there is some other great European stuff, not new, but good, like Zebda from Toulouse, France (The vid is titled Paris 2019, but the concert is from 2003)

And finally my actual summer hymn, Gorillaz - Désolé ft. Fatoumata Diawara. The fabolous Faoumata or short Fatou from Mali makes great vinyls of her own, worth to explore too.

Cheers Rob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

This weekend I’m going rebuild my stereo so I can enjoy once more my vinyl collection. Rotel amp, Technics deck, Marzant CD player and Mission bi wired speakers…

Cool, I love Stereo equipment, specially when turntables come into play. Nothing beats a rotating vinyl blowing your head away with a potent amp and great speakers. Exactly this moment, I put my only Record Store Day vinyl of this year, which arrived today, on my Transrotor and fired up the amp. Crooked Machine from Roisin Murphy, a remix LP with ultra low bass line. Tomorrow, there will be a report of an earthquake :D.

Groovin' greetings Rob

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, DocRob said:

Cool, I love Stereo equipment, specially when turntables come 

Transrotor……….officially jealous……..great deck and very cool looking as well …..deep respect…….I am trying to increase my collection of Stan Getz vinyl…

• Like 2