The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Some of my militaria

JohnB

I figure some of you would like to see some of my collection of military stuff. So, here 'tis just for grins. First up is my German MG42. A before and after pic. To be legal it's changed over from full auto to semi-auto. I got it in pieces as you can see. I had to get some after market stuff to complete it. Click on the photos for best resolution. Check back from time to time as I will post more as we go along. :)

1-26-15 001.jpg

My MG42 M53.jpg

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Do you know the year of manufacture?……..big no no this side of the pond in working order, I think if they are decommissioned there ok, I think…….you have to jump through hoops just to get a shotgun license for clay shooting…….

1944. And one heavy SOB too!

• Like 4

That's very nice John.  I'd love to see more.   I'm reading "Blood Red Snow" right now.  The author was a machine gunner on the Eastern Front using the MG 42.  Great book if you ever want one to read.

Please show more.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

That's very nice John.  I'd love to see more.   I'm reading "Blood Red Snow" right now.  The author was a machine gunner on the Eastern Front using the MG 42.  Great book if you ever want one to read.

Please show more.

Thanks Gaz. More coming. I've read Blood Red Snow and yes, it's a good read. Have you read Seven Days In January? Another good one. :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JohnB said:

Thanks Gaz. More coming. I've read Blood Red Snow and yes, it's a good read. Have you read Seven Days In January? Another good one. :)

No, I haven't read that one, yet...   I'll look it up.

• Like 2

Nice John!I have a small collection myself I collect wood from Vietnam on back the oldest I have is a Argentine 1909 from auction rated 95% matching of course no MG's though some years back a M2 carbine was close at grasp.Keep them coming. :)

PS:My nicest WWII German is a matching G-43 aftermarket mount(over1K original) but factory scope.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, KevinM said:

Nice John!I have a small collection myself I collect wood from Vietnam on back the oldest I have is a Argentine 1909 from auction rated 95% matching of course no MG's though some years back a M2 carbine was close at grasp.Keep them coming. :)

PS:My nicest WWII German is a matching G-43 aftermarket mount(over1K original) but factory scope.

I've been wanting a Carbine, M1 or M2, but haven't found one I could afford. (Actually I haven't look in a while as I was spending too much $$$ on all that stuff!):)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JohnB said:

I've been wanting a Carbine, M1 or M2, but haven't found one I could afford. (Actually I haven't look in a while as I was spending too much $$$ on all that stuff!):)

John when I was looking back maybe 10 years ago a decent M2 was going $5-7K I thinking  probably 8-10K now? I have not looked really I only need a couple more parts for the other ..........:secret:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KevinM said:

John when I was looking back maybe 10 years ago a decent M2 was going $5-7K I thinking  probably 8-10K now? I have not looked really I only need a couple more parts for the other ..........:secret:

Too rich for my blood at this point. Sure would be nice to snag one though. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnB said:

I had a nice M1 carbine. It was in mint condition. The only problem was that

the stock was stamped "Evanston Police Dept" from which it was surplused. 

It was made by the Inland division of general motors. It was made in 1944 but

Had the postwar changes of the bayonet band and better rear sight as seen in

Korean war examples. Eventually, I found a replacement NOS stock for it. It was a fun

Little gun to shoot. I hope you can find one. I also had a Luger, mine was made in 1916.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

I had a nice M1 carbine. It was in mint condition. The only problem was that

the stock was stamped "Evanston Police Dept" from which it was surplused. 

It was made by the Inland division of general motors. It was made in 1944 but

Had the postwar changes of the bayonet band and better rear sight as seen in

Korean war examples. Eventually, I found a replacement NOS stock for it. It was a fun

Little gun to shoot. I hope you can find one. I also had a Luger, mine was made in 1916.

A friend of mine had one and I got to shoot it. Fun to shoot!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScottsGT said:

Love the Lugers. Always wanted to get one.  I should quit putting it off.  My WWII stuff is an M1 Garand, M1 carbine and 2 WWII 1911’s.  

Those are some good guns to have Scott. It took me a good while to finally snag a Luger but I did finally get one a couple of years ago.

• Like 3