The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

SH P-39Q finished

I'm calling this one done. As per all my 1/32 P-39 builds I added the 3/16" "plug" to the rear fuselage so the length was correct. Seat belts are Fine Molds, wheels, instrument panel, seat and a few other odds and ins are from the Kitty Hawk kit. Gun barrels are tubing from my stash. Painted with MM 34087 OD and 36231 Dk. Gull Gray. The interior is what was called "Bell Green" and I mixed several colors of MM to come up with my "interpretation" of the proper color as compared to photos. Decals are from the KH kit (thanks Peter!) except for the national insignias which are Super Scale. I hope y'all like the results of my efforts. :) Please remember to click on the photos for best resolution and to view as a slide show. :)

004.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

9-30-21 001.jpg

9-30-21 002.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, JohnB said:

I'm calling this one done. As per all my 1/32 P-39 builds I added the 3/16" "plug" to the rear fuselage so the length was correct. Seat belts are Fine Molds, wheels, instrument panel, seat and a few other odds and ins are from the Kitty Hawk kit. Gun barrels are tubing from my stash. Painted with MM 34087 OD and 36231 Dk. Gull Gray. The interior is what was called "Bell Green" and I mixed several colors of MM to come up with my "interpretation" of the proper color as compared to photos. Decals are from the KH kit (thanks Peter!) except for the national insignias which are Super Scale. I hope y'all like the results of my efforts. :) Please remember to click on the photos for best resolution and to view as a slide show. :)

I blink and it’s finished……..John another beautiful build congratulations……..love the PSP / Marston mat standing,  where did you get it from ?…….adds to the setting…….

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Spitfire said:

Superb build, I must build another one of those, for some reason I find it a very attractive subject.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis! I find it attractive also. Not a real "easy" build in some areas such as the landing gear. That nose gear always gives me fits! :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DocRob said:

Great build and paintjob John. I love the contrasting scheme. Makes me also want to pull my box from the shelf.

Cheers Rob

Thank you Rob. I'm pleased that you like it. :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

I blink and it’s finished……..John another beautiful build congratulations……..love the PSP / Marston mat standing,  where did you get it from ?…….adds to the setting…….

Thanks Phil. It's a resin piece I got from Squadron a few years ago. You might be able to find one on ebay.:)

5 hours ago, KevinM said:

John looks flawless one day maybe just maybe ............but mine always seem to have the Persian Rug flaw :notworthy:

Thanks Kevin. I'm pleased that you like the results of my efforts. :)