The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Trumpeter F4F-3 Late - 1/32nd

16 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Thanks Peter, I’m going to shelve my Wildcat build, having two going on within the WIP section at the same scale……anyhow I’ll have look what’s in the stash………. 

Phil

Might just be way too much pressure having three builds going on simultaneously. Why not just finish one of the two remaining on going builds and then hit the stash for your next project? Less confusing trying to remember where you are at on each build and more enjoyable to boot. Just my two cents

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Drifter said:

Hmmm, my attempt at that very same build ended up in the trash. Good luck, all I can say. Will be watching, but I am pretty sure someone with your talent will pull it off. 

What went wrong?………as I said I’m parking this one for awhile as there seems to be a flock of Wildcats here at the moment …..I will get back to it………and hopefully 🤞…..make it work…….be good to know where you found problems….

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

So it’s been awhile……..with the Lysander coming close to booth time time to dust down the F4F-3……my first Trumpy build at this scale. Their instructions do need a little tweaking…..anyway……cockpit is a little sparse but very little is seen when closed up..the belts are what I found in the spares box, so please do not shoot the messenger……engine with Eduard updates.   The next big job is the flaps, had a complete brain fart earlier in the build posts in not noticing the AM was for flaps and not aerilons……have clean the flaps first including injection marks…….stay tuned ……

7A6FCE8A-D0C2-4FCF-9373-C5B1370DF1C0.thumb.jpeg.b7279b7608e5c78c69d729d6c0f7a246.jpeg

C1E325A8-8CD5-42D0-AF4A-4CB8F8B0E99E.thumb.jpeg.b1aee4d5faa3c0d7d439e2d974074808.jpeg

37EAEBEB-7122-4FBE-8866-C8DC0948DA91.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

On 3/7/2022 at 5:36 PM, Landlubber Mike said:

Looking great!  You're giving me the motivation to finish my FM-1 Wildcat...

Thanks Mike, you have to like the look of the Wildcat in what ever form you build it, does anyone do a 32nd Martlet or is it a conversion job?

• Like 5

Good question - when building US-manufactured aircraft, I've focused on kits for US models so I'm not sure.

I don't know how much the Martlet differs from the Wildcat.  I know the FM-1, which was built at a different plant, only differed slightly from the F4F-4.  

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Just had a mini break over Easter, so had some serious benchtime. Rob was right the PE flaps are a pain. Here they completed with some etch primer shot over them. Now working on the gunbays which are a little less fiddly. Done a lot of cutting and carving for all the new PE but I think I’m there. Fuselage is together and tail after a lot of JohnB cuss words…….hmmm Trumpeter ……the fitting of the wings is gong to interesting as there is no real estate to glue to…..some in progress shots…..

C70E7C5F-E0FD-45CB-9412-DE0AAAE5CEC2.thumb.jpeg.2619aeca2cc380ba7cabf761d25e292b.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 4/19/2022 at 1:34 PM, Bomber_County said:

Just had a mini break over Easter, so had some serious benchtime. Rob was right the PE flaps are a pain. Here they completed with some etch primer shot over them. Now working on the gunbays which are a little less fiddly. Done a lot of cutting and carving for all the new PE but I think I’m there. Fuselage is together and tail after a lot of JohnB cuss words…….hmmm Trumpeter ……the fitting of the wings is gong to interesting as there is no real estate to glue to…..some in progress shots…..

I can't see anything painful on the pic, Phil. The flaps look great. Once you mastered them, you forget the torturous work and have achieved something special.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, DocRob said:

I can't see anything painful on the pic, Phil. The flaps look great. Once you mastered them, you forget the torturous work and have achieved something special.

Cheers Rob

You are to kind Sir, I guess I quickly learnt after the first one. The gunbays are going are coming along, just decaling the Lysander as well…. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DocRob said:

Cheers Rob

Agreed !!....harv :popcorn:

• Like 3