Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Trumpeter F4F-3 Late - 1/32nd

So……..the Ju88 finally has had all its seams checked and triple checked so top coating at the weekend. The Pz IV H finished and awaiting photographs……..what next………I’ve had one AFV and a brace of 48th kits so it’s about time to get to 32nd…the ZM 51 still languishes on the “ can’t get the primer right” shelf ready for NFM….…… so I present Trumpeter’s F4F-3 (late) and a mountain of AM. I got the AM first for peanuts on evil bay so I thought it ought to put on something. The books are ancient, picked up over the years………here are the pictures……also back at work full time ( who knows for how long) so only weekends to grab bench time……watch this space….

62002EF6-3144-428B-9865-04258684749D.thumb.jpeg.7133c4376a3a5c0ad46b35de59dbb96f.jpeg

2F9FFCAB-44B2-4C80-A3CF-363919AF8639.thumb.jpeg.96ed0a402a32fa3e2682892f75c332e6.jpeg

3A21C3D6-3543-4E00-96ED-C145E1C86E49.thumb.jpeg.1e7b2882b9337ba2e5312a9559e789d8.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Phil

Good choice for your next build and nothing as good as a Wildcat with all the PE to boot. Any thoughts on markings and no need to worry about dealing with the folding wings on this version, as they were fixed.

Will be in the front row all the way :popcorn:

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Spitfire said:

This is a timely build as when I have finished this sequence of builds I am planning a USN build with one of these included, so will be following with interest.

Thanks Dennis, are also going Trumpeter. I’ve never built Trumpeter before but I had it on good authority that this Wildcat was from the good team…..time will tell. Are you adding any AM?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Thanks Dennis, are also going Trumpeter. I’ve never built Trumpeter before but I had it on good authority that this Wildcat was from the good team…..time will tell. Are you adding any AM?

Still in the planning stage, just finishing my trio of PCM RAF kits, Tempest, Hurricane and Spitfire IX then onto early USN, at the moment looking at Dauntless, Wildcat and maybe a Birdcage but this may change.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 4

So had 10 minutes today, the AM I have includes the flap etc internal structure, hmmmm looking at it, not sure if it’s going to enhance the kit as I think these internal structures were then metal sheeted over…..hence I know it’s in there but……….be a different story if they were fabric covered and then you could replicate using the internal structure as a base……over thinking again…..

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Peterpools said:

When you have bench time, you'll be digging in. Life just always seems to have a way of cutting to the front of the line.

thanks Peter, I’m glad I have some work because the stash is looking very thin, down to 14……..so formulating a list of supplies and kits to take into account of Black Friday and free postage….now I have some income to spend……

• Like 3

Phil

Glad you're formulating a Black Friday plan ... hope you find some great deals. The only BF Sale I found a number of years back was the Squadron Black Friday sale, which was spend $500 and receive a 50% discount, which meant all it cost was $250 with free shipping. Now that was a sale seemed to be for just one year and the next year(s) was never repeated; I wonder why? I really haven't found too many sales that save me enough to jump into the BF Sale Pool these days.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 2

So the journey begins. One aspect that amazes me is that there are only 4 large sprues and 2 smaller ones. On top of that there are 15 items not required. Been so used to burgeoning boxes of sprues, so looking at this it’s almost where is it……..so starting with the engine and the Eduard AM……..decided not to do the Eduard flaps etc as they are sealed away after, is it the Devastator that the internal structure is exposed?…….

59E9F042-E008-4C66-A3BD-398A506269DA.thumb.jpeg.aee43d40a62ca2fbc90cbf1f05aad5f6.jpeg

• Like 8

I'm glad someone is building one of the Trumpy 1/32 Wildcats. I have two of these

kits in my stash and frankly, I've been afraid of making either of them because I've

of what I hear of problems with these kits. Is the fit bad?Accuracy problems? Etc.

I hope not, as the wildcat is one of my favorites. I'll be watching this build to see

Your experiences with this kit. I'd like to see your feedback regarding your opinion

On this Trumpeter kit.

Thanks;

Paul

• Like 3

1 hour ago, belugawhaleman said:

I'm glad someone is building one of the Trumpy 1/32 Wildcats. I have two of these

kits in my stash and frankly, I've been afraid of making either of them because I've

of what I hear of problems with these kits. Is the fit bad?Accuracy problems? Etc.

I hope not, as the wildcat is one of my favorites. I'll be watching this build to see

Your experiences with this kit. I'd like to see your feedback regarding your opinion

On this Trumpeter kit.

Thanks;

Paul

The Trumpy Wildcat is not bad at all. In terms of fitting, it is also mostly Ok, but for the wing-fold joint which is a PITA if you deploy the wings (another reason - the main one being a yellow-wing scheme - why I bought the "Early" version).

Go for it, Phil, I got my ticket as well :popcorn:!

Hubert

• Like 4