The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 Ă—

Kinetic 1/32 F-86-Finished

I started this project some time back and lost interest but it has arrived back on the bench with Avionix AM for the pit.I am going to do zero with the engine interest me none at all.Nothing is glued ATM but will be shortly.;)

F-86 001.JPG

F-86 002.JPG

F-86 003.JPG

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Well after eight days straight of work then yesterday the Wife had knee surgery 9th day I finally got some time at the table.The fuse is glued up no open panels I liked Jerry's rendition and it's less work.The two halves of the fuse have an ever so slight step from the wing root(WR) up maybe 1" no biggee .The wing is still not glued in place but the worst seam is the side you see now at the WR area I am thinking putty wipe with an alcohol swap and an 800grit scotch brite that is getting some wear.I have got to afix the front and rear parts of the pit research more on colors though.This one is going together easy peasy.;)

F-86 001.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Moving along there nicely Kevin.  I would have left the speed brake doors open like I did on the Hasegawa kit, but
the way Kinetic molded the door glue slots it made the doors stick straight out instead of angling slightly downward like
they are suppose to be so I closed them.  Gives it a more sleek look.  Hasegawa kit below.

Hope the wife is doing okay after her knee surgery.

Cheers,
Jerry

F86F-FU940-1.JPG

F86F-FU940-2.JPG

F86F-FU940-3.JPG

F86F-FU940-4.JPG

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Not to cry in my soup but damn I have been busy as you know what lately.I got some work done the other night and started painting last night Alclad Primer,Alclad Gloss Black then some Airframe Silver wanted a slight shine on this one.I put some Beethoven #5 on the turn table started spraying some more and fook me :hsmack:I did not say one cuss word started cleaning the airbrush and try again tomorrow scotch(and a scotch now) brite and repaint that area and I saw another area I did not like so maybe theirs a reason? ;)

F-86 002.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, KevinM said:

Thks harv but going to look better I spilled paint from the cup on the fuse behind the wing should of not of had the cup that full :brickwall:

Exactly why I don't I don't use the paint cup.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, k5ikl said:

Exactly why I don't I don't use the paint cup.

Yeah you know how with lacquer if the cuppeth runneth dry it's tough getting the next batch to flow hence the reason this happened not the first time but can count on one hand probably in the last 20 years though.;)

• Like 3

Best buy I ever made for the airbrush was a couple of paint cup lids for both sizes of cup. They were only about ÂŁ10 for both and money well spent. Can't think of how many times I'd done this myself before I got these.

• Like 4

Beethoven and Scotch seem to be not the best match for airbrush sessions. I like both, but not while working on kits. I like the paintjob minus the spill and I think Martin is right, with some very light sanding and respraying all will be fine.
Have to go to prepare a Tuxedo and have some Kitty Daisy and Lewis on the turntable.

Cheers  :wine:Rob

• Like 7

1 hour ago, DocRob said:

Beethoven and Scotch seem to be not the best match for airbrush sessions.

That was the recovery effort Rob never have and never will combine any kind of work and alcohol a disaster waiting to happen.;)

Had to go look them up "Kitty Daisy and Lewis" kinds reminds me a cross between bluegrass and New Orleans blues.:)

I have a bunch of Louie Armstrong from my Mother wished I had my Dad's  classical stuff let it go years ago.

http://www.kittydaisyandlewis.com/

• Like 4

I haven't heard recent recordings, but have seen them live on stage several times in Berlin some years ago. I liked the concerts and like their analogue approach while recording in studio with vintage equipment, which is audible in their vinyl's. 
Louis Armstrong, such a character, what a voice, love his recordings, which are so soulful and plain beautiful.
All of that and Beethoven is music to be best digested on a good turntable or live on stage.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

Kevin

if it helps ... been there and done that a lot more then once. I've since learned my lessons and always use a cap on my air brush - I can never use the excuse to myself of not having a cap as I have replacement caps ready to role.

Nice work on your NMF ... looks so good.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 1

This is were she sits ATTM I am on the fence the AirFrame Silver looks splotchy to my eyes and trust me I have laid several more coats with the same results it's how the light hits it.I have started doing some panels in the last week just playing around using a pointed Yamiya q-tip and buffing(SNJ) with a regular one no need to tape off in this case very close in color to the AF silver I think it lends itself for the most part better lighting on the R-side of the a/c.I am almost tempted to buff the whole plane?;)

F-86 001.JPG

F-86 002.JPG

• Like 6