The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Ernie

Barry

• Administrators

I’m here now. I had a case of what they call Long Covid. I kicked it and it came back. Lungs. No hospital, but the cold weather dropped me. 
Plus, for some reason, until I just tried, I was unable to log on at my house. It’s apparently repaired, was a problem with my local ISP.

Blessings, y’all.  We’re good and I’m actually even back at the bench. 

E

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Glad to hear you're on the mend. 

20 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Felt good enough today to go out and shoot a few wild hogs. They’re literally tearing up the land and it’s getting tiring

Does that mean you'll be hosting a pig roast any time soon? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Administrators
3 hours ago, harv said:

Glad to hear your good.  I've called you several times. Shit, we even drove just couple miles from your house. But you guys were shaking up in some hotel !.....harv ( father time)

Yeah, lost electrical for three days. Lines were down and I was freezing me arse off. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

On 2/19/2022 at 6:51 PM, Clunkmeister said:

Felt good enough today to go out and shoot a few wild hogs. They’re literally tearing up the land and it’s getting tiring

Now that sounds like fun! My shooting buddy sold his farm at the first of the year. I now have to join a range to go shooting.  Or get to know my neighbor I keep hearing him doing mag dumps on a regular basis.  :D

• Like 2

• Administrators
6 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Now that sounds like fun! My shooting buddy sold his farm at the first of the year. I now have to join a range to go shooting.  Or get to know my neighbor I keep hearing him doing mag dumps on a regular basis.  :D

We’re literally getting overrun. So I have a really beat up old Russian SKS that works great for that stuff. Nothing fancy, just put some decent night optics on it so I can stay out when they’re running.  
Can’t really use higher power stuff out there because civilization’s coming ever closer.

A buddy even uses a Winchester Model 1894 in 44 Magnum. It’s works remarkably well. 
Then we either leave them where they fall or drag them close to a fence line.  Buzzards and coyotes are very efficient clean up artists. A week later, there’s nothing but bones. 
I’d show you the after pictures, but some might find them unnerving. Let’s just say we mount the leftovers on a fence post.  It keeps land speculators away  

B64EBCA1-35C2-4C56-BC1E-72210B507BF3.jpeg

26ABFDD5-F73C-4260-82C0-1187CE9BF3B3.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ernie, glad to hear you are ok, sorry that I cannot help with any cold weather advice here from Sydney, although its not all hot and sunny for us this year. It's a "La Nina" wet year, one that's getting yearly more frequent ( almost Monsoon like ). Just like to add that seeing all LSM's site models  in build stages is so inspiring. Regards Ernie, and all with LSM from Australia.

Liinu and Rune.jpeg

• Like 3