The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Everything Ukraine group build.

smitty44

Ok, who is in? Ernie will lay down the guidelines, but it will be any scale. Like any build thread I think it will be best to focus on our modeling progress, techniques, and the aircraft aircraft themselves. We have another thread for updates and discussion about the conflict already. I'm throwing down a SU-25. Let's do this!!

• Like 4

• smitty44 changed the title to Ukrainian Air Force and armor group build!
6 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Just to clarify, does it have to be only Ukrainian stuff or is it 'War Related Anything' used on the both sides, actually all 3 sides if we count Belarus ?

Previous comment removed by myself…Ernie’s comment below reminded me that I was clearly leaning on the wrong side of the rule, even if I meant to be more humorous than politic. Apologies to all.

Hubert

• Like 3

• Administrators

Sounds great!!

and all this end, we should make one GB with models made by Ukrainian manufactures like ICM, Dora Wings, Modelsvit, MiniArt, Wingsy Kits, AMP, Mars, Roden, A Model, Ace, Clear Prop.... 

• Like 6

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Fran said:

Sounds great!!

and all this end, we should make one GB with models made by Ukrainian manufactures like ICM, Dora Wings, Modelsvit, MiniArt, Wingsy Kits, AMP, Mars, Roden, A Model, Ace, Clear Prop.... 

Fran, I REALLY LIKE that idea!  Should we maybe open it up to include all things Ukrainian?  Either Ukrainian schemes or Ukrainian produced kits?  I’m open to either, I just felt the need to get this going ASAP.

Either one of us can change it. I had also put a notice on the Facebook page an punching the GB already. That can be modified as well.

• Like 3

I like the idea of « All things Ukrainian » better, even though, in fairness, I’d probably be unable to participate, considering my build record and foreseen activities in the coming weeks.

Hubert

• Like 2

I don't have much from the area.  I have ICM kits but they aren't flying the blue and gold.  I have two Dragon T-72's.  I have a T-72G/M and a  T-72M2.  Do or did the Ukrainians use them?

• Like 1

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

I don't have much from the area.  I have ICM kits but they aren't flying the blue and gold.  I have two Dragon T-72's.  I have a T-72G/M and a  T-72M2.  Do or did the Ukrainians use them?

We have changed the rules to also allow all kits produced by Ukrainian kitmakers. Regardless of scheme.

• Like 2

I think I have a couple ICM kits a i153 biplane and a ww1 truck of some kind. Neither

has anything to do with this conflict. Today I looked at one of their figure kits; A Roman

Centurion  figure in 1/16. It looks like a fun build,but I think it would look silly to include here.

chrome_screenshot_Mar 3, 2022 12_08_40 AM CST_kindlephoto-99083149.png

1 hour ago, belugawhaleman said:

I think I have a couple ICM kits a i153 biplane and a ww1 truck of some kind. Neither

has anything to do with this conflict. Today I looked at one of their figure kits; A Roman

Centurion  figure in 1/16. It looks like a fun build,but I think it would look silly to include here.

Probably nowhere near as out of place as my staffel worth of ICM twin engined kits in Luftwaffe markings.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

Please join us!

• Like 1

If I'm participating in the GB, it will not be with an 'involved' subject. I like to support the Ukrainian people and kit producers, if I take part.
I have to check first, if I can realistically participate, because I've just started a wooden ship build and have to see, if there is enough space and willpower for a parallel build.
The other thing is, that my absolutely first group build, I participated in was never officially ended. Not because there were no finished models, but because of lack of administration. That was the D-Day group build here.
If I'm in, it will be ICM's Gladiator MK.I in silver dope finish (shiver, flat rigging :icon_eek:) along with some goodies like the Kelik IP, which is a co brand of the Ukrainian company Res Kit.

Cheers Rob

IMG_9731.thumb.JPG.6d53dbf499717c8d53d2528518c95f93.JPG

• Like 6

Rob, I'm in very much the same position as yourself. I've got the Lancaster and B-24 on the bench so definitely don't have room for another build. Plus the only applicable kits I have are by Ukrainian companies. So if I do join in, it would be the MikroMir Fokker E.V

Carl

• Like 4