The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Kitlinx

Ordered an item from Kitlinx on Tuesday. It was listed as "One in stock ships immediately".

An hour after ordering one reappeared in stock stating again, " ships immediately ". 

After a two-day wait for a notice of shipping, I inquired as to the shipping.......... I was told

my order would ship " next week". So I gather their claim as it being in stock was false and

that it would ship immediately was deliberately misleading. No way to do business.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Thank you for the heads up, in Today's market is so saturated that there's no need to waste time with dishonest retailers. My ignore list is long-lasting proof of it. :)

PS: they will probably blame it on Covid crisis 🤦‍♂️

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Thank you for the heads up, in Today's market is so saturated that there's no need to waste time with dishonest retailers. My ignore list is long-lasting proof of it. :)

PS: they will probably blame it on Covid crisis 🤦‍♂️

Covid,   or Putin's war..........wait a minute those are the white house tag lines!

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Sad but true and like Martin, I keep notes on who to buy from and who not. I most likely buy 95% of my kits and AM from three vendors, who service and operation are first class and very quick. 

Thanks for the heads up

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 2

Happening everywhere. I buy something on Amazon with Prime. Use to be here in two days.  Now I’m lucky if it ships out in two days. 

Wife told me (in the 11th hour) to order some really nice water shoes for a cruise we were going on last week.   So I look them up online and it says 2 day shipping.  Not a problem. It’s Monday morning, leaving the following Sunday morning.   B@$**#ds didn’t ship them until Friday and the delivered them to my house when I was in the middle of the Caribbean Sea.  :wallbash:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Never buy from Kitlinx.  I ordered two Taurus resin engines from them - shown in stock, shown shipped, but weren't in the box that arrived.  I emailed Kitlinx multiple times, including Loic the owner himself, and never heard back from them.  They essentially stole close to $100 from me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Now I'm being told that the item was in stock at their other store and it should take

A day to get to the main store (I texted Loic ) I asked if he could ship me direct from the other store. No reply. I now have an estimated arrival date of June 19. We'll see.

• Like 3

It's been over a week and the item listed as being " one in stock for immediate shipment "

Hasn't been shipped yet. I find that items listed that way are just not in stock.

In fact, don't trust anything as being in stock from this seller. I've emailed them and

Texted loic. no more replies.

• Sad 4

Update: after many emails and texts they now claim it's been shipped today. My

Guess is that they simply created a shipping label to shut me up. We shall see. If

All is kosher, fine, but I'll never do business with them again. Incidentally I emailed

A different site that lists many kits that are not available anywhere else (mostly Takom)

If they could verify that the item I wanted was in stock. They did not answer my email.

I tried ordering a kit from them over a year ago that they listed as in stock .....it wasn't so

I canceled the order. I won't give the outfits name....I'll try calling them.. But honestly, I think it's another trick.

• Like 2

After all this trouble, UPS.....the outfit I always have trouble with... Said the delivery

attempt.... "Failed" and I'll have to wait some more. This always happens on Friday

afternoons or if the delivery time coincides with the driver's lunchbreak. This has

Happened 3 times and I've always been at home during the "attempt". One time, they

delivered my package to a neighboring apartment building; A package with a $160.00

model in it. Fortunately, the building's manager discovered the mistake and brought it to me. We'll see what happens to this, and the two other packages that they were supposed

to deliver. The last time, I had to drive to a CVS pharmacy to pick up packages that were

supposed to be delivered on a friday.... Friday the 13 it turns out.... I had to go the next day and the following Monday....two trips.... To pick up packages that I paid to have

delivered to my home! When I picked up first package, the girl at CVS stated " we get a lot

of this with Friday deliveries ", and seemed to know who the deliverer might be! I used

to think FedEx sucked, now I have a better opinion of them, no problems lately. The postal service,....no problem. It's UPS that is setting new standards of shoddy service

and laziness in their deliveries. I wish you luck with them, I have had nothing but problems lately with them!

• Sad 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2022 at 9:29 AM, smitty44 said:

I used to really enjoy Great Models Webstore. What a shame. I have seen their prices are absurd as well. Scalehobbyist and Sprue!

Smitty

My main two sources for 98% of my purchase's: SH &SB - Awesome and none better.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Smitty

My main two sources for 98% of my purchase's: SH &SB - Awesome and none better.

Same here, I use both added to them, I use Tower Hobbies for all the Tamiya armor

I've been getting lately. Because they're nearby, I get orders from Tower the next day

with cheap shipping at under $4.00. (Fedex). I have to mention, I've had more trouble

with UPS lately..... This time with a non-hobby related delivery. 2 failed delivery  "attempts" with the same package.  I was in front of my home

as the delivery truck stopped at a neighbors home...delivered a package, then

drove right by me. A moment later (A few seconds) I got a notification that

There was a failed delivery "attempt". Apparently, the delivery did not want

to contend with delivering the package which weighed about nine pounds.

After spending a lot of time with Ups customer service, I arranged with them

to deliver the next day asking the delivery to be left at my front door (I was at

home) same thing... Failed " attempt ". Customer service again, complaint filed, arranged delivery. Third time got it.....but seriously? Really?. 

• Sad 2

Paul

Talk about horrendous service! I've been very lucky over the years with both UPS and FedEX have been 100% reliable. Even the USPS has been very good, just tasks a little longer. Just seems it all starts with the vendor and if at their end things start off bad, things just go downhill. Just glad you finally received what you paid for.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, belugawhaleman said:

Same here, I use both added to them, I use Tower Hobbies for all the Tamiya armor

I've been getting lately. Because they're nearby, I get orders from Tower the next day

with cheap shipping at under $4.00. (Fedex). I have to mention, I've had more trouble

with UPS lately..... This time with a non-hobby related delivery. 2 failed delivery  "attempts" with the same package.  I was in front of my home

as the delivery truck stopped at a neighbors home...delivered a package, then

drove right by me. A moment later (A few seconds) I got a notification that

There was a failed delivery "attempt". Apparently, the delivery did not want

to contend with delivering the package which weighed about nine pounds.

After spending a lot of time with Ups customer service, I arranged with them

to deliver the next day asking the delivery to be left at my front door (I was at

home) same thing... Failed " attempt ". Customer service again, complaint filed, arranged delivery. Third time got it.....but seriously? Really?. 

I'd say this is typical nowadays, and not only in the US. 

The problem is the drivers (you can insert Postman/Postwoman instead, just as pertinently) have a target of time per delivery or number of deliveries per day. So, if they are running behind, they just prefer to say you were not here. It counts as a delivery, but saves them the physical time of delivering. And if you happen to live in a place which is far from the main delivery routes, and implies some additional time coming to your place, you are lucky not to end up systematically with a "pick up parcel at pick-up point XYZ" :(

"O tempora, o mores" as they said ;)

Hubert

• Like 2

I had UPS back down my driveway for a package I was waiting on.  Then he left. No delivery. I got in my car and chased him down.  Apparently it was not on his truck but in his delivery computer.  Got it the next day.

As far as dealers go, when I retired on April 15th my coworkers that no nothing about the hobby got me a $250 gift certificate to Mega Hobby.  Yea, talk about high prices and no inventory.  

• Like 2

Scott

Still, the issue was the delivery company screwed up and couldn't make the delivery. But it seems we just keep paying higher prices and the service just keeps falling shorter and shorter.

Nice retiring present for sure ... just a shame Mega no inventory. It's worldwide and over the past few years even SB and SH inventories have been nowhere what they once were; as Out of Stock and Back Ordered are all too common these days.  

• Like 1

Really....   when we order anything it's a gamble.  I had a courier stop in front of my house friday...    walk to the back of his van, open the door....   root around and then get back in the van and drive off.  So my parcel must not have got loaded. 

...   I had received an e-mail notification that my parcel would arrive that day...   But now I have to wait until next week.  Were I not on holidays at the moment, I'd be wondering if the porch pirate got my decals...lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 2