The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Group Builds.

Clunkmeister

On 12/2/2022 at 7:42 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

Here's my short list of options. 

Last one is a long shot as I'm currently building the Falcon and will most likely want to mix things up a bit. 

PXL_20221203_003801696.thumb.jpg.ce5022b3973020d9d5313cca273aff36.jpg

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how syfi story lines managed to put an ocean going ship into space and made it a space ship.  And no, I’ve never looked into it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ScottsGT said:

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how syfi story lines managed to put an ocean going ship into space and made it a space ship.  And no, I’ve never looked into it. 

The original '70s series had the space ship built inside the wreck of the WWII battleship. Whaa???

This time around it's concealed as an partially buried city in 2199 as they decided to make the ship bigger. 

• Like 3

Would an amphibious wheeled vehicle fit in with this GB? Not as dramatic as a

Space-going battleship perhaps but......I have a couple; a Gama Goat and a Schwimmwagen (too small). I've always had a desire to build one of the landsswasserschlepper things.....yes! There's the ticket, I'll see about one of those!

• Like 6

Hmmm, I said I had three kits to finish in the booth. Well I reckon I’m going to be short of modelling over the Christmas break prior to the start of the GB……Do I have a sneaky start or start something completely different……..ironically it’s the one time of the year I get unlimited benchtime………perhaps it’s time to start on the Tamiya Mossie. A staged build on that may prevent burnout ???.

• Like 4

On 12/5/2022 at 8:32 AM, Bomber_County said:

Hmmm, I said I had three kits to finish in the booth. Well I reckon I’m going to be short of modelling over the Christmas break prior to the start of the GB……Do I have a sneaky start or start something completely different……..ironically it’s the one time of the year I get unlimited benchtime………perhaps it’s time to start on the Tamiya Mossie. A staged build on that may prevent burnout ???.

Phil

I built my Mossie when it first was released and it's not a hard build at all, you just have to stay with it. One of Tamiya's crowning achievements - no fit issues and the instructions are perfect from what I remember.  I did use AM decals. next to the Sea Fury, my Mossie is the center piece of my collection in the display case.

Vyjfrf.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

My entry to the "You Get Me So Wet" GB will be the KittyHawk OS2U. It was started some time ago and landed on the overcrowded SOD.

I was going to pull my Revell Arado 196A off the SOD and complete it for this GB, but it's beyond the 25% built threshold. I have the HpH catapult for it; maybe if I can finish the Kingfisher in tie I can see about tackling that.

• Like 7

My first entry will be the 1/72 S-100 by Revell have what looks like the full blown Eduard PE coming this week.If Time permits I am going to follow up with the ROG  1/32 Ar-196 which I have the Quintas for the pit.;)

I was going to involve the ScharnHorst 1/200 but I do not wish to rush that build at all.;)

• Like 4

I just bought a Revell tomcat and the correct movie decals to build right after I’m done with the group build. 
But I think you would have to build the Zero since it’s the plane that got wet!  LOL!

FWIW, it was pointed out to me over on ARC that these F-14’s had all over gull gray on the top and white bottoms.  No white control surfaces on the top.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Peter, I keep waffling on the Tamiya 1/48 Tomcats. I've got three of their 1/32 ones in the stash with a bunch of AM, including the Final Countdown markings. 

Carl

If you decide to do a 48th Tamiya Tomcat, I'll change my entry and go with the F-14A - just never can have enough Tomcats. 

• Like 2