The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Revell 1/32 Hurricane llb. Finishing touches.

• Administrators
On 4/20/2023 at 4:07 AM, Spitfire said:

Red doped patches over the gun ports, nice article here from Britmodeller.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235056137-red-doped-linen-over-the-gun-ports/

This one is predominately about Spitfires but does have a Hurricane IIb photo showing the patches, which came in a sticky backed roll.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235029913-spitfire-rearming-and-gun-muzzle-patch-application-films/

Cheers

Dennis

I’d love a little feedback on what I missed with the camo.

The shades, to my old eye at least, look good, and will look even better when dulled and shaded.  But regarding the RAF pattern, to me it seems pretty “close”, but not exact to the factory B type reverse pattern.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

I’d love a little feedback on what I missed with the camo.

The shades, to my old eye at least, look good, and will look even better when dulled and shaded.  But regarding the RAF pattern, to me it seems pretty “close”, but not exact to the factory B type reverse pattern.  

The pattern to me looks pretty close to the official scheme, close enough for government work, maybe some tweaks on the tail.

78xdML.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 7

• Clunkmeister changed the title to Revell 1/32 Hurricane llb. It’s starting to look like a “Not in a Hurri”.
  • Clunkmeister changed the title to Revell 1/32 Hurricane llb. Final details.
  • Administrators
On 4/25/2023 at 1:35 PM, Spitfire said:

The pattern to me looks pretty close to the official scheme, close enough for government work, maybe some tweaks on the tail.

78xdML.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

Yes, that looks pretty close, Dennis. I’ll mess with the rudder a bit, but for the most part, it looks good to me. Thanks for the info, Sir. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Yes, that looks pretty close, Dennis. I’ll mess with the rudder a bit, but for the most part, it looks good to me. Thanks for the info, Sir. 

You are very welcome

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Last Thursday, one of the landing lights, all nicely detailed, dropped onto the floor, and despite having completely disassembling my build room to find it, it is long gone.  
No carpet on the floor, just hardwood, and it’s still simply vanished.  I saw it hit the floor and go shooting off somewhere.
On this aircraft, the lights are very visible behind their covers, so they can’t be explained away if not there. I guess I’ll try to beg another appropriate sprue from Revell.  😡 

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Last Thursday, one of the landing lights, all nicely detailed, dropped onto the floor, and despite having completely disassembling my build room to find it, it is long gone.  
No carpet on the floor, just hardwood, and it’s still simply vanished.  I saw it hit the floor and go shooting off somewhere.
On this aircraft, the lights are very visible behind their covers, so they can’t be explained away if not there. I guess I’ll try to beg another appropriate sprue from Revell.  😡 

Some squirrels are known to be hungrier than the famed carpet monster 😉. Yours was a lost cause, Ernie 😂

Hubert

PS: besides loving to tease you, my friend, that’s a bummer. Fortunately, Revell have a good spares department 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Well guys (and gal).  My Hurricane llb build is now at a screeching halt as I wait for a replacement sprue with the landing lights to come from Germany.

I have looked at possibly using different lights from the Fly kit, but the Revell kit’s are much different, and, I think, look better.

So, in the week or two I’m stopped, I’ll start on the Aichi Val.

• Like 2

• Clunkmeister changed the title to Revell 1/32 Hurricane llb. Stopped, Waiting for a replacement sprue from Revell.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

And then, a bit of paintwork, and drop the wayward part into place.  Landing Lights are a very prominent part of the Hurricane, I was unwilling to make something.  These a Revell reflectors are exquisite!  

EFFE37F5-D12E-4BE4-9CD0-B2E59730E13E.jpeg

799A3CEB-5A2D-421F-A23A-945B35E22D16.jpeg

• Like 9

13 hours ago, recon said:

What color did you use for the cockpit?

Look for RAF Gray-Green or BS283. I'm still using Model Master RAF Interior Green, but I'll switch to Mr. Color C364 when the well runs dry.

• Like 3

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Bill_S said:

Look for RAF Gray-Green or BS283. I'm still using Model Master RAF Interior Green, but I'll switch to Mr. Color C364 when the well runs dry.

I had mixed my RAzf interior green using ratios I got off od Britmodeler, and it was indistinguishable from Modelmaster

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Clunkmeister changed the title to Revell 1/32 Hurricane llb. Finishing touches.