Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

107F/42C temps today

ScottsGT

What a great day to spend at the bench!  
Although those numbers are heat index with humidity levels. 

Getting some paint details done on the F-14 and hiding from Heat Miser.  Later this evening I’ll go for a float in the lake and a few beers, but right now is why I busted my hump this spring with the home maintenance projects. 
I think my wife is out spreading mulch. 😳

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Middle of South Carolina.  Actual temps are 97-98.  Heat index with humidity makes it “feel like” 107.  
I went outside for 10 min to hose down part of the yard. Came in saturated from sweat.  
We call it “Swampass season”. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

On 7/6/2023 at 10:30 AM, BradG said:

*laughs in Australian*....mate our heat out cut off for cricket is 104F, or 40C. 98F is just a good day to win the toss and bat.

What’s the humidity like in your neck of the woods?   I was out on Las Vegas in June when it was 103F.  It was actually comfortable as long as you weren’t in the direct sun.  People we met up with were complaining about it.  Told them to visit SC this time of the year. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

What’s the humidity like in your neck of the woods?   I was out on Las Vegas in June when it was 103F.  It was actually comfortable as long as you weren’t in the direct sun.  People we met up with were complaining about it.  Told them to visit SC this time of the year. 

It can get very humid, especially up north where it's in the tropics. Last summer was humid though as we had a lot of rain up till December.

• Like 3

We’re at 97 rest of the week with heat index up in the 101-105 range. It’s miserable. I can’t get anything done in the mornings because it takes hours for the bones to stop creaking, muscles to start flexing and pains to work themselves out. By then it’s just too damned hot to do anything outside. 
But this morning my wife is down at the shoreline running the weed eater. Last time she did it, she broke it.  I told her the string does the cutting, not the spinning thing you keep slamming into the rocks. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update….

This was yesterday afternoon after a storm came through. 

IMG_0622.thumb.jpeg.135a63b51a18d2275405386838d27541.jpeg

I was on the mower at 8 am and finished edging and blowing by 10. It was too miserable to run the weedeater by then.  Came in showered up, did some work at the bench and fell asleep in my chair after I closed my eyes “for just a few minutes “

Finished weedeating this am. Sitting here cooling down before the shower and the rest of the day is bench time!  

• Like 2
  • Sad 2