Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

GREAT GRANDDAUGHTER #5

k5ikl

That's pretty cool that you are young enough to get to know your great-grandkids! My great-grandparents were all dead before I was born (some may have died when I was very small), due to very large generation gap in my family. My paternal great-grandfather (yes, only one great) was born in 1850 and died in 1899......69 years before I was born. My own grandfather was born in 1894, so there was no chance my kids would have gotten to meet him. I envy you, Jerry!

Tim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/15/2023 at 6:14 PM, ScottsGT said:

Congrats!  #3 on the way for us. 

I must retract this statement.  I misread the thread title. I didn’t catch the GREAT part. We have grand baby #3 on the way.   We a long way off for greats! 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, biggtim said:

That's pretty cool that you are young enough to get to know your great-grandkids! My great-grandparents were all dead before I was born (some may have died when I was very small), due to very large generation gap in my family. My paternal great-grandfather (yes, only one great) was born in 1850 and died in 1899......69 years before I was born. My own grandfather was born in 1894, so there was no chance my kids would have gotten to meet him. I envy you, Jerry!

Tim

Thanks Tim.  I only got to know one of my great grand parents and one grand parent so I feel blessed that I get to know
10 grandchildren and so far 6 great grand children (one great grandson in that mix LOL).  I will be 83 7/30).

Cheers,
Jerry

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That's great, Jerry, what a cool thing! Crazy to think that some of those kids will be able to remember knowing you. I am 54, and if my paternal great grandfather had lived long enough for me to know him, he would have been at least 120!

Tim

• Thanks 1