The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Tamiya 1/48 Mosquito Night Fighter RFI

Finished with this one. A very enjoyable build and I think it goes well in this GB thread. OOB except for the gun mounts in the bomb bay which are Aires. VERY fiddly to assemble that Aires set but, when finished, it adds a lot to the finished model. Painted with Colourcoats and Testor's MM. Alclad dark aluminum for the landing gear. I used decals that came in the kit. They were thin and easy to apply. Much better than some of the Tamiya decals for earlier kits. I hope y'all like the results of my efforts! :)

Please click on the first image for best resolution and to view as a slide show. MO BETTA THAT WAY. :)

3-21-24 001.jpg

3-21-24 002.jpg

3-21-24 003.jpg

3-21-24 006.jpg

3-21-24 004.jpg

3-21-24 005.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Excellent as usual John. Final results are wonderful. Those kits are great. They go together easily and quickly with little fuss and the end result looks great. 
Jeff

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Excellent as usual John. Final results are wonderful. Those kits are great. They go together easily and quickly with little fuss and the end result looks great. 
Jeff

I'm glad you like it Jeff, thanks. I agree, Tamiya kits by and large are very good with few, if any, problems. The only complaint I have is they are a bit pricey. However, you get what you pay for! :)

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Really Nice work John, and incredibly fast too. Well done Sir.

Cheers

Martin 

Thank you Martin. I'm pleased that you like it. It's a well engineered kit with excellent fit and detail. :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KevinM said:

She came out sweet John nothing wrong with a Nice Mossie!:unworthy:

Thanks Kevin. I'm pleased with how it turned out. :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

John

Awesome build and the freehand cammo finish is absolutely perfect. 🏆

Thanks Peter. I think it turned out pretty well. I'm happy with it. :)

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, CANicoll said:

Beautiful work John!  And so fassssst.  You are killing me....  :beer:

LOL Chris. It's such a easy build I think most any model builder could knock one out in a very reasonable time. :)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DocRob said:

Very nice Mossie John, I especially like the perfectly blended and matted camo, with the decals fitting in like sprayed on.

Cheers Rob

Thank you Rob! I'm very pleased that the decals worked out well. The decals in some of the older Tamiya kits were a bit thick, etc. I'm glad Tamiya came up with the new, thin, easy to apply one's. :)

• Like 5

John, Beautiful build!  First one done, that is not a surprise!!  Nice work!! 

Love this aircraft and your build is terrific.  That Ares kit is very cool and you did a great job putting that in.

Chris

• Like 3

11 hours ago, CANicoll said:

John, Beautiful build!  First one done, that is not a surprise!!  Nice work!! 

Love this aircraft and your build is terrific.  That Ares kit is very cool and you did a great job putting that in.

Chris

Thank you Chris. The Aires set was very fiddly to assemble but worked out okay in the end. I'm glad you like it. :)

• Like 3