Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

22 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Scott

Yes, I received I believe two notices - one was my order was ready to ship and one saying it shipped with tracking: UPS. The package needs to be signed for.

I logged into my UPS account and I have a 3.6 lb package from Mitsubishi whse of CA for a Monday delivery.  This has to be it.  And just my luck, my wife will probably be off from work and I’ll get busted. 

EDIT:  Tamiya shipping notice email popped up this morning.  That’s it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, CANicoll said:

And THIS showed up today...

image.thumb.jpeg.ed6dccc58ff1ee165238ccd3c9ed47fa.jpeg

Not sure when THIS will get started...

Ooh!  Bonus mouse pad!  That’s it!!  I’ll tell my wife I ordered her a mouse pad!  I just got a free model with it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Arriving today; after being "lost" in the mail for about 10 days....

A kit from Takom. Their WWII German Super Heavy Mine Clearing Vehicle Krupp Raumer S (2053) in 1/35 scale.

I've been looking for this one for some time, but being a Takom kit, it was never in stock.

While looking like a "What if" subject, this thing actually existed.... Well, there was one anyway. It was discovered by U.S. forces at the end of the war. This kit is Huge by the

way! Takom provides a number of marking options; one in the original German primer red, an olive drab one with U.S.markings, and the rest are pure fantasy. Anyway, something

different.... https://www.scalemates.com/kits/takom-2053-krupp-raumer-s--1015835

TAK00002053_0_d_kindlephoto-39106.jpg

raumer-s_0_01_kindlephoto-6861601.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, harv said:

Always like this for some strange reason....harv 

Me too, so ridiculous....it had to be true. Like I said, I've been looking for this one forever.

Not sure what I'm going to do with this thing...the primer red, most likely, the U.S.

markings...possibly.... The fantasy markings, although attractive, probably not. Anyway

I'm glad I found one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Coming today from Burbank's House of Hobbies came this kit from

Copper State Models. It's their Lanchester with 37mm Hotchkiss Gun "Russian Service"

(csm 35003).  I wanted CSM's Lanchester, especially this variant, and found this one

on Burbank's website for a decent price. I now have six of their kits , and they're great

Little kits. I have yet to build one of them however. There's a couple of their armored cars

that I still plan to buy....once I find them at a lower price that is. One is their Romfell, the other their Ehrhardt.    https://www.scalemates.com/kits/copper-state-models-csm35003-lanchester-russian-service--1210570

DSCN1038_kindlephoto-64084684.jpg

• Like 8