The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

More paint this week, mostly Tamiya lacquers.

I got their: Dark Iron,Nato Black, Silver, and most importantly, Gloss white and Pure Metallic Red. The Red and White will be used to paint that 1/12 Tamiya Honda Monkey 125 that I got a while back. Also, I got a bottle of Tamiya acrylic Buff and some #11

blades. The blades are something I got from Amazon, NicPro brand..I bought some

paint brushes made by the same brand and they are OK.

DSCN0971_kindlephoto-8785232.jpg

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, harv said:

Well my sneaky friend Martin was sening me a couple resin pieces for my Spit. But nobody, he has to up it ! What a great friend !....harv 

20221231_152232.jpg

He has a habit of doing that. Did the same thing to Ernie with that Trumpeter disguise on the Ninak. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Something a little different..... While still Tamiya, this time it's not in 1/35, It's 1/24

and it's not a tank. It's Tamiya's Toyoda Model AA Sedan (24339). This was Toyota's

first passenger car released in 1936 and, yes, it was spelled with a D back then.

This kit came out in 2015. I wanted to try something different... A car...and something

about this kit appealed to me. The kit is larger than I expected, has  "chromed" parts,

rubber tires, a photo-etch hood ornament, and what appear to be Metallic decals for

trim.....I've never seen that before, interesting. There are two color options...black, and

a light brown. I think the gloss should be toned down a bit for a car of this era..something

between a semi-gloss and a gloss. Not sure how I'll do this, perhaps adding a little

semi-gloss clear lacquer to the mix. We'll see. The light brown requires mixing a 4:1 ratio

of gloss white and brown. Anyway, I think it will be a nice build.

Also, some supplies came today; some MRP lacquer...... SCC No.15 Olive Drab for

The Tamiya A34 Comet kit I got recently, some LP-9 Clear Gloss lacquer and more 

Airbrush cleaner from Tamiya.  

Oh, I just found out, Tamiya has a flat base for their lacquer paints like they do

for their Acrylics..it's LP-22.

DSCN0993_kindlephoto-61791059.jpg

DSCN0976.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I used the $50 from Mark31 at Sprue Brothers to get the Revell Bf-110 to which I have from HobbyNuts the Quinta due in today or tomorrow.The Revell Spit Mk-IX I p/u in Hobby town Mobile in the last month Quinta from SB with the 110.The Nick was my Christmas Gift to myself along with a Nice Tissot watch and yes Guys I luv to cook and bake.It's all about being creative just like building models or woodwork.;)

I have a problem guys I have run out of storage room for unbuilts.I have started boxing up some of the 1/72 since I play little anymore in that scale.We have a four bedroom house with my computer room being one of the rooms anymore that's my closet SHE has the other 3 :brickwall:She goes over Christmas "another watch" and I said "another pair of shoes" the conversation ended there.:)Something got to give maybe sell :hsmack:

S-100 001.JPG

1694749303_show002.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, KevinM said:

I used the $50 from Mark31 at Sprue Brothers to get the Revell Bf-110 to which I have from HobbyNuts the Quinta due in today or tomorrow.The Revell Spit Mk-IX I p/u in Hobby town Mobile in the last month Quinta from SB with the 110.The Nick was my Christmas Gift to myself along with a Nice Tissot watch and yes Guys I luv to cook and bake.It's all about being creative just like building models or woodwork.;)

I have a problem guys I have run out of storage room for unbuilts.I have started boxing up some of the 1/72 since I play little anymore in that scale.We have a four bedroom house with my computer room being one of the rooms anymore that's my closet SHE has the other 3 :brickwall:She goes over Christmas "another watch" and I said "another pair of shoes" the conversation ended there.:)Something got to give maybe sell :hsmack:

S-100 001.JPG

1694749303_show002.JPG

I’ve got a weak spot for Seiko automatic dive watches. Seems I found my niche with the Turtles. Also have a few SKX models but just never seem to wear them.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

I’ve got a weak spot for Seiko automatic dive watches. Seems I found my niche with the Turtles. Also have a few SKX models but just never seem to wear them.  

I got a Nice Seiko brown face gold band get lots of comments on that one at work.I am kinda privy to Citizen have a few of those still got a turquoise face from 1997 just haven't found a good jeweler to redo the gold beautiful watch.That Tissot list for a good amount but p/u off of watches.com for %67 off for $180 cheap probably last year or the year befores model. Kinda like buying last years video card for the puter.;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm not a huge watch guy, but I do have a Seiko 150m divers watch that my dad gave me in 1978 as a HS graduation present.  I was disappointed it wasn't a car, which is what a lot of my friends got, but he had his reasons for that.  The watch band is on backwards to make it easier to attach to what was then a dive gauge holder.  In excellent condition and still works!  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I received a few sheets of rivets from Archer, ordered as Archer was liquidating its stocks for Woody’s retirement.

Quite a few of them now in stock, although they really go fast when you start using them on an 1930s’ airframe festooned with dome rivets.

Hubert

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

I’m a sucker for Tag Heuer classic Carrera’s. Have two but want an Omega SpeedMaster 38mm as well……..I have seen a vintage one but to many pounds…..

I was given a Speedmaster (the moon watch) by my uncle when I graduated high school many years ago.  Had no clue how generous a gift it was until five years later when I went to a jewelry shop to have some of the band links taken out so I could wear it.  Casually asked the cost and I immediately locked it up and didn't wear it until probably a decade later.  Nice watches but pricey, especially if you have to get them cleaned out, springs replaced, etc.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, mark31 said:

Have to get it for the right price with a good discount.

20230106_123355.thumb.jpg.9d9b48d61c227e104623242231e32aa8.jpg

Someone, somewhere, is going to complain that it’s over-engineered, with too many (6785 !) parts 🤣😂🤣

Hubert

• Haha 8

7 minutes ago, HubertB said:

Someone, somewhere, is going to complain that it’s over-engineered, with too many (6785 !) parts 🤣😂🤣

Hubert

lets hope that the instructions are good and yes many parts.

Mark

• Like 4

My daughters like to do these bigger complicated Lego kits.  The instruction manuals are very well done, and they package the bricks in separate stage packets so you don't go crazy looking for a part in these huge kits.  Expensive, but keeps the kids quiet for a few days while they work on them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

My boys are the same way. They really enjoy the big Lego sets. Our oldest wanted the Hogwarts castle set so much he saved up hm to buy it. It helped that the grandparents knew what he was doing and gave him a bunch of Lego gift cards. 

• Like 6

A few weeks ago I had Metro's call me up and advise that a few of the kits I was chasing had arrived.

So I placed my order and collected this from the post office yesterday ...

tgZrxyW.jpg

A few quick slices of the knife and the box came apart ... not exactly inspiring confidence in the packaging!!

sC2h5oc.jpg

The latest Zoukei-Mura 1/32 scale kit had arrived ... but the latest 1/48 F-4 Phantom II kit hasn't. Still I had decided to grab the 1st three 1/48 kits made to round out the collection ... Funnily enough, the 1st two in 1/48 are the same as the first two in 1/32 ... The J7W1 and the Ta-152.H-1 ... While, for whatever reason, the Horten Ho-229 made the cut for the 3rd 48th kit made ...

gsvDCMq.jpg

iLYNifp.jpg

E339Eya.jpg

Of course the 1/32 kit that I was waiting on is the Hs.129B-3 ... with the big gun! ... It means I can toss out my resin kit of the same ... sans Schatton Modelblau turned brass barrel, which will be repurposed for this kit :D ...

HG500Z1.jpg

I wonder if we'll get another Bf.109G kit next ... or we'll get the first of the Fw.190A's?? ... either way ZM has a smart release schedule - 1 super detailed, expensive kit per year, it seems ... so it won't smash my new "paying-of-a-mortgage-tightened" budget! ...

Speaking of Bf.109s ... Revell's new G2/4 boxing just arrived also ...

7w3LCO2.jpg

I believe I saw written somewhere that the original CAD / sprue layout / moulding design of the latest tooled 109's was based around this particular kit and not around the G-6 or Erla G-10 ... which is why they ended up as error ridden as they were - not enough attention was paid to the "adjustments". How accurate this information is, I have no idea ... But considering that reviews, for the most part, seem to indicate that this one is about where it should be in terms of accuracy, it would also seem to imply that the story has some merit.

I'm really waiting for a couple of 1/16 Panzers to make an appearance at the store ... but there's more than one or two kits on backorder 😏 heh heh!!

Rog :)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1