Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

8 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Off brand name cards fails way more then the better known cards.

I always use Sandisk SD cards. I have another on the way so i'll be back taking pics next week.

I got the D-11 conversion direct from Miloslav of Real Models as they don't ship to the UK via their website. But he very kindly gave me an option to purchase it and have it privately shipped. It'll be nice to do something different from the JV44 D-9's

• Like 2

Nothing BIG, but I got a few 48th kits... Eduard Royal Class Spitfire Mk.IX, Airfix Chipmunk, CA Gannett (Wanted it for YEARS, after I stupidly sold it), and a Tamiya F-35! Being a Norgie (Norwegian for those who don't slang), both  the Spit and F-35 come with options for the same 132nd Air Wing, RNoAF, so I'll likely do those!

Cheers, Feels good getting back on filling the stash rather than thinning it!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Another arrival from Sprue Brothers of an offering from Takom.

After purchasing their Male Mk I tank, I decided to go ahead and get the Takom

WW I Heavy Battle Tank Mk I  Female kit as well. Being a Takom kit; availability

Is always an issue, and who knows if it will soon be sold out as their kits

always are. The Female MK I has the grenade screen on top which, I think, looks

pretty cool. Its made up of two big photo-etch parts and sits on a frame a top the

tank. . Anyway, I now have a growing stash of WW I subjects including; items from

Copper State Models, Meng, and Takom.......got to build one of these soon!

DSCN1045_kindlephoto-10364109.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Winnie said:

Oh I forgot to mention, I have a Kinetic F-86F on hold at my local purveyor of styrene, with the Golden Hawks stickers! Have built one before so I know what I'm getting. Now I just need to find some aftermarket for it!

These must be coming out of the woodwork. I picked one up last year and so did Martin. BNA from Australia has some of the AMS stuff in stock for the kit. 

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Smitty 

Nice buy, planning on buying one myself tomorrow, Hoping Quinta will make a interior detail set for it.

Back order at both SB and SH. Just have to wait.

Jeeeze, i hope you don't cancel my order out.....got to get one of those....the price..well.

Higher than I usually spend...but I got to get one of those! Want to build a helo...so bad!

I don't want to build something that prince Harry flew....that ....would be, well, well anyway, a Guardian or long bow for me! I might wait a while.... But, I'll get one!

• Like 3

On 2/16/2023 at 10:44 PM, smitty44 said:

My precious.......

20230216_193243.jpg

Hi Smitty

I kept on looking and the Squadron Shop has them. Order the same version; AH64E. Would be cool to do a helicopter GB. I've been promising Oliver for years I'll build one and this is the kit that pushed me across the line. Just need a Quinta set and I'll be set.

• Like 5

Got this today; supposed to work well with clear parts ....it's meant for repairing

watch crystals  It's G-S Hypo cement. It has a fine needle applicator that includes

a fine wire attached to the cap that goes into the needle when not using. Upon inspection, I had to use my 3.5 power magnifying glasses to get the cap back on!

Anyway, I've heard good things said about this stuff.....thought I'd give it a try.

Anyone else used this stuff? Only thing the tube is very small ( 1/3 fluid oz.)

DSCN1047_kindlephoto-50096217.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1