The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

• Administrators

Hi all,

I couldn't help it. Even with all the builds I have going on... Started work on the Do335. I will build this kit out of the box with almost no additions. Since this goes entirely against my nature, I will build this plane in flight. Gears up. Hatches secured. 

I took a figure from an old Hasegawa FW190D kit and will modify it to fit. 

Well... here goes!

2AF3D8A0-1F88-4F86-AF80-EFCE0B9AC430_zps

The scheme I'm going for is the M13 (or M20). An early designated B3 version. Heavily armed and armored. 

Still doing research on the armament...

Anyway... this is what I'm going for!!

Do-335Prototype1.jpg

• Like 5

Interested to see what you do with this kit Jeroen.

I think the arm rests on the ejector seat were folded up in normal use and only brought down when ejection was to be executed (the arms get in the way of rear of consoles etc). Not a biggie of course...

Matt

• Administrators

Thnx guys,

Made the pilot fit the pit. Cut the right underarm and repositioned. Next is sharpening his detail with a sharp blade and even out the seams.

I won't spend too much time in the pit since the canopy will be closed. All that needs adding is the dials and some straps to secure this puppet to his chair.

I lifted his right arm. Not to work the throttle but to reach for the instrument panel.

D99C06A0-616E-45FC-9627-FFB053466EDD_zps

• Like 4

Thnx guys,

Made the pilot fit the pit. Cut the right underarm and repositioned. Next is sharpening his detail with a sharp blade and even out the seams.

I won't spend too much time in the pit since the canopy will be closed. All that needs adding is the dials and some straps to secure this puppet to his chair.

I lifted his right arm. Not to work the throttle but to reach for the instrument panel.

*PIC*

Hey! That looks good, Jeroen!

Regarding the Dornier 335, pilot's lost both arms. This is not a joke. The levers to release the canopy are on the canopy themselves.

The release was so rapid the pilot's could not let the levers go in time. Terrible tale.
Cees

• Like 1