Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

I'm a bad boy

harv

well the one we picked up with the loader slid into the s/a most of it was kind of 'soup'.... if you know what I mean, it got creamed by a semi trailer loaded chip truck, ( super 'B')  she was heavy....... yeah they tend to run when something is coming out of the air at them.. LOL I could just hear them... " Dan what the F......???.... RUN....."

503d4c69d7f479cd517a5d653f866470.jpg

• Like 5

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Jeff said:

well the one we picked up with the loader slid into the s/a most of it was kind of 'soup'.... if you know what I mean, it got creamed by a semi trailer loaded chip truck, ( super 'B')  she was heavy....... yeah they tend to run when something is coming out of the air at them.. LOL I could just hear them... " Dan what the F......???.... RUN....."

Yeah, a couple 2800s at full bark 30ft from your head will make a guy run...

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Not sure about that, some of us fat guys rather like the sounds of that........ a rare sound these days to be sure...... was in Fairbanks a couple years ago and an Everts  '6' took off, and holy it was AWESOME ....... i loved it!

Props full forward will get you that tip snarl. But it’s bloody loud inside. You pull them back as soon as 500ft rolls across the dial. Then instead of actually hurting, now it’s just stupid loud. Pull them back more for a cruise climb and it’s pretty darn sweet.

In wartime, they’d push over 50 inches on takeoff.  In civilian life, mid 40s was plenty.

I'm learning stuff, here, ok so the next thing..... with watching 'Ice Pilots' over the years, and yeah I know a lot of it is theatrics, BUT I am also under the impression that with that massive tail and large fuselage, she was a handful landing in a cross wind, like trying to land a big sail boat.... I also noticed, that the old bird could be a little temperamental..... overall...... maybe we should start another thread on the 46... I was trying to 'fly' one on FSX..... do you have any cool photos you'd care to share for my collection?? All very interesting stuff and you are the only 46 driver I 'know'....... so I guess that makes you 'special'....:rolleyes:

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2018 at 1:31 AM, HubertB said:

One small - well-meaning - message for Wumm : even though I'm a Frenchman, I thought I had a good command of english. The expression you used and got PlasticDoc fired away got me baffled and wondering what it meant. No need to explain it to me, but if it was meant to be rude or vulgar, maybe there was another way to put things in perspective :) ?

My apologies Hubert,

I did not notice that this earlier post was directed to me. I meant no vulgarity earlier in this thread. I refer to this definition...

20181007_181651.png.664c82f8f226b09baddb4acd67798af0.png

So whether it's a Cornetto, or someone on a Forum who is put in their place by a Moderator, sometime you have no choice but to suck it.

• Like 4