The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

HobbyCraft P-51A

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

I can't wait to see this one done, the weathering would be a huge challenge for me..................... who does this belong to?

The tactical evaluation folks at Eglin.

• Like 1

Just now, JohnB said:

Agreed. That's why I chose that one. Been "rode hard and put up wet" as they say. :)

Yep. I did a lot of large scale models of Spitfires and now with the internet, a lot of archival photos are available and some of those plane have literally nearly no paint on them. Any war plane that was painted and survived any amount of time looks like absolute beautiful junk. I’ve always been heavily biased towards well worn and weathered subjects.

• Like 2

• Administrators

OH YES!  Truly well worn piles of junk is right. And a story to tell with every mile under those wings.

That's why I love early Mustangs so much. Especlly the Allison powered versions. They were run till they literally fell to pieces in their revetments.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Looking mighty good and can’t wait to see some ‘light’ weathering adding the miles and wear on. 

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter. Several shades of OD are in order here. :)

• Like 1

Painting and decaling about done. As there is no decal for the "246" in the oval on the nose I will make them using this stencil and numbers from my stash. I will apply the numbers in the ovals, which are inked in on a strip of white plastic. I will then scan them into my computer then resize and print them out on white decal paper using my laser printer. :)

11-8 002.jpg

• Like 6