The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

SBD-3 clear Edition Trumpeter OOB

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, EmperorKai said:

I already can’t wait to build this kit, and you’re build is making me think hard about doing it sooner rather than later.

That's what a heavy dose of Martins build has done to me too. I immediately got me a SBD-3 and some extras and the fingers are itching….

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

On 10/21/2018 at 3:09 PM, Bomber_County said:

Looking good Martin, everyone says the SBD is probably the best Trumpeter kit around, interested on your take of it.......

That is good to hear. I have one on it's way to me. 

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

I hope it's not terminal! Your work is superb and a credit to your workmanship. I too had the builders bug for the SBD, but I went in a slightly different direction. I opted for the Merit 1/18 scale and backed it to -2 appearance. I built "2106" which has a long story attached. She was on Midway with a Marine unit and participated in the June 4th attacks on the Japanese fleet. These are the finished pics:

20210306-190208.jpg

20210306-190258.jpg

20210306-190347.jpg

20200801-011100.jpg

I hope this helps refill that mojo container so you can continue your fantastic progress. I will be patiently watching for more from your bench.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Get a dog , it’s fun they said. 

Bummer Martin, but you quoted falsely. They said, get a LITTLE dog, mine can't reach the bench luckily.

Cheers Rob

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Martin, what is with your dog eating your models? I think you need to stop using beef scented  cement. 

On a more serious note, any chance you can close the door to your workroom or have somewhere out of her reach? 

My dogs haven't shown any interest in my models thankfully so the worst I have to deal with has been fur in the paint.  

The squirrels on the other hand...

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Yeah, I have to admit ,this is my fault by leaving the box on the floor. It is sort of a grey zone. She didn't touch Tamiya's Corsair or SU-27.

However she eats everything, absolutely everything. Plastic, metal, wood, uranium, Semtex, whatever is around.

• Haha 7

My sister's dog was the worst. Lovable but had a passive aggressive streak you would bit believe. She'd submit to my first dog who was half her size but on a walk, would shoulder check her into the road every chance she'd get. 

As for eating everything, no Semtex but everything was fair game. .

Carl

• Haha 3