The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

HGW A-20 is on the way

Martinnfb

On 12/24/2018 at 11:59 AM, Clunkmeister said:

This is some seriously good news for the RAF and VVS modelers in the House. Yes!!!!!

On 12/25/2018 at 1:50 AM, JohnB said:

Should also be a good one for USAAF a/c.

Actually ... Because this will be an A20-G ('only' in resin ... may be room for other versions in plastic???) it was never in RAF livery (to my knowledge) and definitely not with the powered turret (a shame because I REALLY wanted to build an intruder type) ... although certainly the VVS had a happy time with them in various ground support roles.

The RAAF originally had a few 'C's that were all the solid nose affairs, but the bulk of their orders were the later 'G's ... with most of the earlier editions being retro-fitted. Again though, I'm not sure we had any of the build block with the powered turrets?

The USAAF were the most predominant user of the type in the ETO and MTO. References are definitely a must going into this one!!

Rog :)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Not resin, did I miss something?

Peter

Apparently, HPH seem to have decided to go IM with this one, Peter (most likely short run à la Special Hobby, at least that is my speculation based on the « czech connection » pf HPH)

Hubert

• Like 2