The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

HB Models B-24 Hints, Tweaks, Tips

Clunkmeister

Looking forward to your corrections.  That being written.  I do see the difference between the kit and the WB engines, but to me, and my opinion only I don't see enough difference to make corrections to the correction engine.  With the same amount of effort appied to the kit engines as the WB engine, to me a satisfactory engine can be produced.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2019 at 1:48 PM, MGunns said:

Looking forward to your corrections.  That being written.  I do see the difference between the kit and the WB engines, but to me, and my opinion only I don't see enough difference to make corrections to the correction engine.  With the same amount of effort appied to the kit engines as the WB engine, to me a satisfactory engine can be produced.

Agreed!  My focus is the nose and tail turrets, wheels, landing gear and possibly the airfoil.  I might can live with that. Got the brass inserts on the way for the LG!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, CrankyCrafstman said:

Oh, well I ordered a set anyway wanted to be one of the first in line. :D:thumbsup2:^_^

Good move.. the Lanc set sold out twice in a few weeks I believe? Your set will more than likely be mailed by months end.

• Like 1

Thats cool Nige, I started doing some preliminary work on the B-24. I assembled the starboard wing with Tamiya tape to see what needs to be fixed. The rear of the engine nacelles edge is pretty thick about 1.5mm. So I took my Fordom tool and ground it down to look like the edge of sheet metal its supposed to be. I also ground out the inner nacelle where the main landing gear goes through so that the edges look like sheet metal. I'll take some pics when I get back to my work bench so you can see what I'm talking about. I'm not going to do what Iain(32sig) on LSP is doing to the wings, I'll live with what came in the kit.

Ron G 

• Like 1

a little birdie told me that Hobby Boss is going  start distribution of replacement ( corrected ) front turrets via. local/national wholesale suppliers within a month.

It was a direct response of HB customer service to an inquiry from a customer in Czech Republic.  

• Like 2