Jump to content
The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

HK Models 1/32 Lancaster Hints, Tweaks and Tips,


NigelR32

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, MGunns said:

Nice Video:

Thanks for taking the time to put this together and show what the problem and an easy step by step solution.  Very nicely done and duly appreciated.

 

You're welcome. Thanks for the compliment.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks.  I got the idea only because somebody, somewhere, had pointed out it's missing and I know what the camera looks like from too many museum trips!  As far as repurposing part of a bomb, that would doubtless be a much easier solution than mine.  However, I don't run a spares pool and I don't have a stash (gasp!) so I am invariably forced to remake/remodel.  I made a couple of handles for the engineer's fuel cocks out of 40 thou plasticard too..  that was an episode in lateral thinking involving scribing a tiny circle, then drilling out 6 holes around the circumference.  More details on Britmodeller…!

Mike

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, I finaly have some time to work with this beast. This is a great forum and already there are great tips. As I am very early on, I checked some fits. How well the wing tip fits to the wing? Have you had any issues with the shape? 

541454BC-B3F5-4B00-B543-F79A49FAE9B2.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would this be classed as a hint ?

I haven't received my Lancaster yet but while I am waiting I thought I would start on some ground equipment to pose with it  . . .

39884012213_0d85586d5f_z.jpg

The 72nd Airfix type is just there for comparison in size 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, yknu said:

Hi, I finaly have some time to work with this beast. This is a great forum and already there are great tips. As I am very early on, I checked some fits. How well the wing tip fits to the wing? Have you had any issues with the shape? 

541454BC-B3F5-4B00-B543-F79A49FAE9B2.jpeg

I'll check mine later.. not looking good is it or is it the angle of the shot? Are you sure you've got the stb tip on stbd wing? I'm sure you have..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NigelR32 said:

I'll check mine later.. not looking good is it or is it the angle of the shot? Are you sure you've got the stb tip on stbd wing? I'm sure you have..

I will make detailed check tomorrow and build the wing. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That vid from Nige is really informative.

Graham has gone to a lot of trouble to get the detail right and worthy of the price when you consider the size of the Damm thing  . . . . . (see what I did there  -- Sorry)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Question: What would be the best form of solution to eliminated panel lines altogether ??

I ask because on the HK Lancaster there are a second set of landing light and also a dinghy stowage in the port wing.

I have heard mention of Tippex, correction fluid, I have seen Mr Surfacer used but only to lessen the depth of panel lines. 

I want rid then to be able to scribe panel lines  . . .

Thanks in anticipation

David

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, FME erk said:

Question: What would be the best form of solution to eliminated panel lines altogether ??

I ask because on the HK Lancaster there are a second set of landing light and also a dinghy stowage in the port wing.

I have heard mention of Tippex, correction fluid, I have seen Mr Surfacer used but only to lessen the depth of panel lines. 

I want rid then to be able to scribe panel lines  . . .

Thanks in anticipation

David

Hi David,

In my opinion there are many ways to do this, but by far the best, especialluy if you want to scribe over the panel lines is to either use sprue goo or Mr Surfacer. One thing to keep in mind with both is to leave them for at least a couple of weeks to fully cure before sanding back as you will experience shrinkage that will make the panel lines visible if you remove excess too soon. Super glue is a great filler but is very hard compared to the surrounding plastic so make scribing a little more difficult to look consistent.

As I said, this is my opinion and others will have a different view.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...