The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

12 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Rob, what about trying a Gundam paint marker and applying the black outlines after the camo is done? 

I was contemplating about that from the beginning, but wanted to try the camo the other way around. In fact, I had the idea for a French WWI tank some time ago and wanted to give it a try. When I saw the scheme of the Lancia, I had to try it.
Even with the marker, the camo will be very difficult to apply, especially in tight spaces around the wheel housings and front fenders. I have to let that sink in for a bit and then I will decide how to progress.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DocRob said:

Great Carl, but without any AM and delicate PE, pah :D.

Cheers Rob

Actually, there's a company called Retrokits that does resin cockpits for these kits. 

https://retrokitonline.net/product-category/aviation/retrowings-egg-planes

Kasl also has some resin correction/update sets too. 

Just need to figure out the PE stuff 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Carl

Outstanding work on the definitive 109 kit. 

Wouldn't is be great to have an Egg Plane GB!

Peter, that would be fun. There's a number of companies making these kits these days and not just planes. Ships, tanks, mecha and even Kaiju are now available. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ScottsGT said:

Love it.  I’ve got a few of the Revell Deal’s Wheels kits like the 109, spitfire and I’ve built the triplane already.  I also bought the Ming Kids B-17.  
Group build time! 

Scott, since you're an F-16 fan you should try to find the Two Bob's decal sheet they did for the Hasegawa egg planes.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, belugawhaleman said:

The egg planes are probably a fun build.......and cute, but I kind of draw the line

at Meng's offering of a cute Titanic..... Kind of in bad taste in my opinion as ,  in my

opinion as major maritime disasters...... Aren't just that fun. 

There was a modeler who did a scratch built Cute version of the Kursk sub cracked open and a yolk pouring out of the hull. I thought that was a bit too far.

• Like 3