The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

3 hours ago, Bill_S said:

I hate Tamiya's Hinomarus. A dozen applications of Micro Sol, and they're finally starting to settle in.

DSCN2854-1.jpg

Bill,  next time maybe try a hair dryer or a cloth dipped in hot water and then press on the decal. I've found that Japanese decals respond better to heat.

Carl

Edited by BlrwestSiR
Fix typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Landlubber Mike said:

I agree with Scott - very easy to cut your own round stencil and paint it.  I used stencils to do the US insignia on my F3F builds, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be.

Very nice Zero by the way!

Thanks folks. I'm trying very hard to keep this one out of the box. No WIP for this one, though I'll be sure to post some photos once it's completed. Our local contest is September 18th, and I'm trying to get the Zero, the XB-70, and the Tomcat done in time for it.

Maybe I should just ship the kits to John B...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

I’m posting few shots of Jeff’s work on his behalf. Pretty amazing work don’t you think ?

Cool looking messy truck Jeff. Love the contrast between CAT yellow and green hood.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

On 8/19/2022 at 12:54 AM, DocRob said:

Cool looking messy truck Jeff. Love the contrast between CAT yellow and green hood.

Cheers Rob

4 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Martin

Thank you for posting photographs of Jeff build - amazing work and his weathering skills - brilliant and so realistic.

Thanks guys for your kind comments... This is a conversion or is in the process, from a Kenworth W 900 series to what has been called an Alaskan Hauler, in my case I am taking some 'artistic license' and building it as a heavy haul unit. Alaskan Hauler Kenworths were akin to 'Canadian Kenworths' and were built here in B.C. They were all steel, with no fiberglass hoods, mostly used for logging and heavy haul. Used heavily here in B.C. and the Yukon, the photo here is my inspiration of sorts. These trucks had no frills, heavy springs, or rubber block rear suspensions, crummy seats, but were work horses of the highest caliber. Used to see them all over, but sadly most are gone..... I just love old heavy iron..... guess that's why my back kills me and my knees are shot eh? LOL Thanks again for the kind words fellas.... and thank you Martin for posting...

sddefault.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Working on this little Tamiya M3 Stuart at the moment.

Seen here. still in gloss coat, with decals applied. The decals are Cuban

national markings from Star Decals. They went on ok. The one decal on the

Side looks silvered, but is not. The decals on my AMX 13 looked the same before

the flat coat and turned out fine. Still have to put the tools and M1919 on and finish

painting the tracks. Then spray it with flat.

DSCN0707_kindlephoto-39801481.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1