Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

7 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Paul

Looking mighty good. From the pics, looks as if you are giving the Tamiya's Steyr 1500A a nice, dusty finish - looks so good.

Hey, thanks Peter...honestly, I wasnt intentionally trying to make it look dusty...just

bad photography on my part. It's just a traditional flat cote.....using the Testor's stuff, only

using, this time, a greater amount of thinner. This time...about a 60/40 mix thinner to flat

cote. This went over a coat of Tamiya semi-gloss lacquer pre-decaling coat..also about

60/40 favoring thinner. I like the results....very smooth without imperfections. I'm

glad you liked it...thanks for your kind feedback. I really loved this kit....too bad Tamiya

seems to have abandoned it in 1/35......1/48 scale still available. I have the Commander

version in 1/35......When I do that, I'll do the 3 color camouflage version. Again, ...I highly

recommend the kit.....Great fun, cool vehicle.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, mark31 said:

No im more for european trucks.

I hope to build somthing like this

333636574_6571844066182145_3382690517266128039_n.thumb.jpg.7d23134a5959a3a8282a04e9a90745a1.jpg

Mark

Oh man....  I LOVE Heavy Haul units....I did a Kenworth heavy haul, just recently............... where are you getting your supplies? Wheels, tires, etc?  I have a real good Canadian supplier, who is wonderful to deal with and is ever expanding...

https://stsupplyco.com

Check his stuff out Mark, you might find something that may help and interest you... also , if you choose to get something from Paul, do it with absolute confidence, he is great to deal with....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

Mark

WOW, going to be an awesome scratch-built project and will be following all the way.:popcorn:

Thanks Peter but this will be a very slow build

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Oh man....  I LOVE Heavy Haul units....I did a Kenworth heavy haul, just recently............... where are you getting your supplies? Wheels, tires, etc?  I have a real good Canadian supplier, who is wonderful to deal with and is ever expanding...

https://stsupplyco.com

Check his stuff out Mark, you might find something that may help and interest you... also , if you choose to get something from Paul, do it with absolute confidence, he is great to deal with....

I have some axels and wheels in the spare box so i will see how far i can get with that.

Im going to buy a italeri volvo for the engine and cabine so all the other parts i can use for this is good.

But im going to see how far i can get with evergreen.

Thanks for the link but i prefer to keep it in Europe because the import duty that i have to pay.

Mark

• Like 5